How to launch yourself online - getting a website, creating fabulous content, driving interest with social platforms and measuring your efforts. Originally presented at the Big Network Event in Andover, October 2017.
Launching Yourself Digitally - The Big Network 2017
LAUNCHING YOURSELF DIGITALLY Big Network
10 October 2017
WHAT WE’RE COVERING TODAY
- Setup – Getting a website up and running
- Content – Creating fabulous content
- Drive – Using social to drive interest and build an audience
- Track – Measuring your hard work
- Questions & Answers
- Step 01. Define your users
Who are they?
What do they want to achieve?
- Step 02. Define journeys
How they gather information
- Step 03. Create content based on users
- Step 04. Appropriate platforms and technology
CONTENT – THE FACTS
- Visual is a key component
- Vision is our most dominant sense
- Adding a video to your landing pages can increase
conversations & interactions by up to 80%
- 74% of users who watch explainer videos online
actually buy the product
- The most sharable content online includes video
HOW DO WE MAKE SALES HAPPEN THROUGH VIDEO?
- Let your individual personality shine through…
and own it!
- Encourage your audience to invest in you & the brand
- The ‘behind the scenes’ method
- Be present and have regular updates…
your audience wants to follow your journey!
- I have had my own successful experience selling a service online
GOOGLE LOVES VIDEO!
- Google now owns YouTube
- You are around 53 times more likely to show up
first on Google if you have embedded videos on
- Videos can increase time spent by visitors on your
site – and have a positive effect on your search
- Be the industry leader by providing answers to
questions people may have
HOW TO CREATE THE RIGHT VIDEO FOR YOUR BUSINESS
& PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES
LISTEN TO YOUR AUDIENCE:
- It’s not a conversation - it’s a visual representation of your brand/products
- Use video as a tool to help your audience understand what you do clearly
- What does your audience want to see
- What questions would they want answered?
VIDEO DOES IT ALL
VIDEOS CAN EXPLAIN ANYTHING!
- Main promotional video for landing pages
- Launching a new product or service?
- Need to explain a difficult concept?
- Have multiple staff to train and get up to speed – or have a new system to teach
- Social media videos – Facebook (live), Instagram (Stories), YouTube
- Don’t be afraid of having a mixture of videos for different purposes!
- Local, National and Global companies all need to get involved and be present
COSTS & OPTIONS
- The D.I.Y approach – Don’t be scared of experimenting!
- Employing a professional expert is key – they have the experience, planning
strategy, equipment, time, creativity and knowledge of human psychology within
the world of video!
- It’s a tailored process, and it’s entirely up to you
- Try a bit of everything – don’t be afraid of mixing it up!
HAVE A STRONG STRATEGY
- Video is earning it’s keep
- It’s improving year after year
- Be open minded
If you are going to invest in video… you should have a clear promotional strategy!
Using social to drive interest and
build an audience
DRIVE - SOCIAL MEDIA AND BUSINESS
- Why do we promote content?
- What is social media?
noun: social media; plural noun: social medias
1 websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.
- Why do we use social media for business?
• help increase brand awareness
• convert a higher rate of customers
• deliver excellent customer service
• increase traffic to your website
• monitor competitors
• it’s all about making the digital elements of marketing human
- What platforms do you choose to promote your content?
- Strategic planning of content and promotion
• Copy, imagery, and video
• Self promotional content vs shareable content
• Paid targeted advertising
- Measurement and reach of content
- Why we measure
- UTM link builder
- Setup – Think about your users and what they need to achieve
- Content – Make it relevant to your users and use mixed mediums
- Drive – Consider how to get your content out to your audience
- Track – Measure your hard work
- Amend – Don’t be afraid to tweak your strategy if something isn't working
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Big Network
10 October 2017