letters toAmericaЖилина Ирина 12 группа ФППД2013 год
1. Social aspectsI Common AmericanschoolboyMy name is Irina. I am a studentof the Krasnoyarsk stateTeacher training university, facultyPsychology andPedagogy of children. Im theopposite very sociable personand I can get you tocommunicate with someonewithout knowing it in advance. Myfavorite type of music is rap andclub music.My favorite sports are volleyballand basketball. Iwas involved in volleyball andbasketball for oneyear.I do not play a musical instrumentbut Ive alwayswanted to learn to play the guitar.In my spare time I like to listen tomusic, relax innature and hanging out withfriends.We do not havecommoninterests, we aremore likely theoppositepersonality. Theonly thing thatunites us is the factthat in his sparetime, he loves tolisten to music andto spend a lot oftime with friends.My names Jadeand Im in 9thgrade at LassiterHigh School. To behonest Im a prettyboring person andIm awkward inconversations likethis so this is reallyhard for me. I liketo listen toalternative musicor indie music andI like to play celloand guitar. I alsolike to sketch. inmy free timelistening to musicand playing guitar.Also i dont havemany friends but ihave a coupleclose ones.
2. ClimateDifferencesin RussiaThings incommonDifferences in theUSAThe lowest wintertemperature is 35degrees ofCesium. In winterit gets reallyfreezing,thats why wewear furcoats, mittens, furhat. The averagesummertemperature is25-30 degrees ofCesium. Summerisvery hot, that’swhy we go to T-shirts, shorts,dresses andsunglasses.In America aswell as inRussia in thewinter andfall there ishigh rainfallandtemperaturetends tochangefrequently,and thesummers arehot.Summer is hot andhumid. In the north-westrains are frequentthroughout the year, asthe winter snow falls morethan anywhere else in theworld. In the winter ofintense snowfall in thenorth-east coast of theUnited States. Thetemperature can riserapidly and is also rapidlyfall depending on whatkind of air masses"captured" high-altitudecourse - from the coldArctic in the north to thewarm tropical Gulf ofMexico.
3. MapsDifferences in Russia Things incommonDifferences in theUSAWhen I look at my country, Ithink it looks prettycool and that it has aninteresting shape unlike anyother country. The extremenorthern point of Cape FligelyRussia is on the island of thearchipelago of Rudolf FranzJosef Land. Easternmostpoint is Ratmanoff Island inthe Bering Strait. The extremesouthern point of Russia islocated on the border ofDagestan and Azerbaijan tothe south-west of MountBazardyuzyu. Extremewestern point lies in theKaliningrad region on theBaltic Spit Gdansk Bay of theBaltic Sea. Thus, the extent ofthe territory of Russia fromwest to east - close to 10 000km, from north to south - morethan 4,000 km.The borderwith Russiapassesthrough theBering Strait.The main territory of theUnited States is located onthe North Americancontinent and extends fromthe Atlantic Ocean in theeast to the Pacific Ocean inthe west. In the south of theU.S. border with Mexico, tothe north - Canada.Furthermore, in the U.S. arestill two state. In the farnorth-west of the continentis Alaska, also borderingCanada. In the Pacific, isthe state of Hawaii. TheUnited States also owns anumber of islands in theCaribbean Sea and thePacific Ocean.
4. GovernmentDifferences in Russia Things incommonDifferences in the USARussia is a country with afederal system. The system ofbodies of state power ofsubjects of the federation isgoverned by the generalprinciples established by thefederation. In each region thereis a legislative (representative)body (parliament, thelegislative assembly) and theexecutive authority (thegovernment). In many, there isalso the Principal officer(president, governor) who areempowered by the legislativeauthority of the subject of theFederation by the President ofRussia, and may hold officeindefinitely.Countries withfederalism device andthe separation ofpowers into threeparts: the legislative,executive and judicial.According to the U.S. Constitution certain powers forthe implementation of the government passed theU.S. federal government. State powers are notdefined for the transfer to the federal government bythe Constitution, made U.S. states.In the U.S. Constitution, the principle of separation ofpowers, by which the federal government haslegislative, executive and judicial authorities, actingindependently of each other.
5. FoodDifferences inRussiaThings incommonDifferences inthe USARussian peopleprefer to eat home-mate food. We liketo eat plov, bakedpotatoes, borsch,meat dumplings,salo.Russian andAmerican peoplelike to eat salad,pizza. Someonespeople keep on dietand count calories.American people donot to eat meadpotatoes and soups.They prefer to eatbartecues,hamburger andoften fast food.Americans likemacaroni, cheese,lasagna and Italiafood.
6. HistoryDifferences inRussiaThings incommonDifferences inthe USASignificant events inthe history of Russia: 1. Formation of the OldRussian state; 2 .Serfdom cancellation;3 . Fight againstmongolo- tatarconquerors; 4 . Ivanthe Terrible era; 5 . Eraof palace revolutions.Russia and Americaparticipated in WorldWar II, in cold war.Significant events inthe history of USA: 1.Colonial period (1607— 1775); 2. War forindependence (1775 —1787); 3. Formation ofthe American state(1783 — 1865); 4. Civilwar (1861 — 1865); 5.World War II (1939 —1945); The USA duringcold war (1945 —1989).
7. EconomyDifferences in Russia Things incommonDifferences in theUSAThe Russian economy is thesixth among the countries of theworld in terms of GDP at PPP.Currency - the Russian ruble.The ruble isconvertible on current andcapital transactions.Russian banks are in the two-tier system, the upperlevel of which is presented bythe Central Bank ofthe Russian Federation, and thebottom - commercialbanks. The economic divide isnot currently available. Thelaw reaffirms the onlyadministrative division intofederal districts. Soviet Russiawas divided intonon-ferrous metals and forestry- in Eastern Siberia.Russia andAmerica have littleto do becauseRussiaeconomicallyweak countrymore thanAmerica. but itseems to me thatshe aspires to belike America tobecome moredeveloped.The U.S. economy is thelargest economy in theworld, as well as PPP, innominal terms, of not lessthan a quarter of globalGDP last 50 let.Advantages: the largesteconomy in the world.Many natural resources,including energy and rawmaterials. High-techproduction. Developmentresearch. Well developedservice sector, competitiveindustry. Good system ofhigher education,particularly in the field ofhigh technologies. andmuch more.