61. “ We underestimate the value of being one of the community , just another member. When we seek special status in the community, we often end up in the unenviable position of Us vs. Them .” - Dr. Karen Mapp
71. As of April 15th, 8:39 PM, CNN Breaking News had 950,907 followers
76. Congrats & thanks Links to your website Links to other press Retweets from community Weather announcements Emergencies/crisis communication Promo upcoming activities
77. • Right Frequency • Personal, yet Professional • Teach Your Community • Design is Important • Be Brave, Be Wise • Remember All Your Publics Advice from those who have been there…
80. The people in charge of leading school organizations into the 21st century … often are the least knowledgeable about the 21st century. dangerouslyirrelevant.org
Thank you for the opportunity to speak today about probably the hottest topic in the nation, social media. I recently attended the International PRSA conference in Detroit. The most attended session were on social media. It was interesting to hear how large companies are struggling with how to use social media. Everyone also agreed that public relations will forever be changed because of it. I’m going to start today and talk about why you should be using it and then Evan is going to go through some ways the tools are actually going to be used in education.