A 2006 study revealed that the average worker
spends 50-80% of the day conversing. As a presenter,
your audiences may expect you to hold a metaphorical
MBA in communication. Ask yourself these questions
to determine whether you are a conversational
3. 1.To prepare for your presentation,
you need to spend time doing the
research. Read articles that both
support and disagree with your
1. DO YOU
READ MANY &
4. 2.A good conversationalist breaks eye contact with their
audience rather than holding a steady gaze.
2. DO YOU BREAK
EYE CONTACT OCCASIONALLY
5. 3.Questions that require more substantial responses than a simple “yes”
or “no” will improve your reputation as a conversational presenter.
3. WHEN ENGAGED IN A
DISCUSSION, DO YOU ASK
6. 4.The presenter who doubles as a conversationalist will insert
breaks for questions and comments from the audience and reply
with thoughtful responses.
4. ARE YOU AN
7. 5.Document experiences that will improve your presentation
narratives. If you are an avid note-taker, consider yourself well
on your way to being a master of conversation.
5. DO YOU CARRY A
NOTEPAD OR NOTE-TAKING
DEVICE WITH YOU 24/7?
8. 6.A conversational presenter always has a visual and
textual metaphor to translate their presentation message
into a more digestible format for their audience.
6. WHEN DESCRIBING
AN ISSUE OR EXPERIENCE,
DO YOU UTILIZE METAPHORS?
9. THE MORE YOU ANSWERED
TO THESE QUESTIONS, THE MORE
CONVERSATIONAL OF A PRESENTER YOU
LIKELY ARE. IF YOU RESPONDED WITH A LOT OF
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!
FOR MORE PRESENTATION TIPS AND TRICKS,
HEAD OVER TO ETHOS3.COM/BLOG.