1. Believe what you are teaching2. Expect obedience in the home.
1. Believe what you are teaching2. Expect obedience in the home.3. Know the answer to the “Why?” question
1. Believe what you are teaching2. Expect obedience in the home.3. Know the answer to the “Why?” question4. Know the Gospel
1. Our love for the gospel is revealed in how weuse our money.
“No one is ever saved by stewardship (wise use of God’smoney); all the charitable giving in the world does notmake one right with God if a person does not trust in Jesusas Savior and Lord. On the other hand, someone who nevergives to the Lord’s work or cares for the poor in any waydemonstrates that nothing has ever happened in their livesthat could qualify as ‘regeneration’.” Blomberg
2. The Gospel gives us hope when we sin with“our” money.
3. Eternity is for those who live for God and thegospel, not for money
“If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful inlarge ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, youwon‟t be honest with greater responsibilities. And ifyou are untrustworthy about worldly wealth, who willtrust you with the true riches of heaven? And if you arenot faithful with other people‟s things, why should yoube trusted with things of your own? “No one canserve two masters. For you will hate one and love theother; you will be devoted to one and despise theother. You cannot serve both God and money.” Luke 16:10 – 13
4. The Gospel leads us to live for the glory of God,and not for the pursuit of wealth
2. Parents, above all others, are toteach their children God‟s truth
“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.You shall love the LORD your God with all your heartand with all your soul and with all your might. Andthese words that I command you today shall be onyour heart. You shall teach them diligently to yourchildren, and shall talk of them when you sit in yourhouse, and when you walk by the way, and when youlie down, and when you rise.” Deuteronomy 6:4-7
“Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this isright. „Honor your father and mother‟ (this is the firstcommandment with a promise), „that it may go wellwith you and that you may live long in the land.‟Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, butbring them up in the discipline and instruction of theLord.” Ephesians 6:1-4