The Tundra is located all over the world.
● Located in: Alaska, Northern Canada, edges of
Greenland, Northern Scandinavia, northern
Siberia, and Russia. the United States.
● In fact, the growing season ranges only from
50 to 60 days, and the yearly precipitation
(Which includes melting snow)
● The tundra is a bleak and treeless place. It is
cold through all months of the year Summer is
a brief period of milder climates when the sun
shines almost 24 hours a day.
● The tundra climate is midway between sub-
arctic and ice cap climates. Tundra conditions
exist throughout much of Greenland, in parts of
Alaska, northern Canada and in northern
● The fauna in the arctic is also diverse:
Herbivorous mammals: lemmings, voles,
caribou, arctic hares and squirrels.
● Carnivorous mammals: arctic foxes, wolves,
and polar bears.
● Migratory birds: ravens, snow buntings, falcons,
loons,sandpipers, terns, snow birds, and
various species of gulls
● It is a biome that is characterized by its frozen
● There aren’t arboreal vegetation or, in any case, of
● The soils are covered with mosses and lichens.