1. Social SecurityFrom years of working, Social Securitybecomes important for retirement income. This is a good way to help later in life when you are not working. Since it is considered an entitlement it is controlled by the government
2. Taxationis a concurrent power that can be exercised bythe __________government (s). Taxation has a daily effect that is noticed every day as evidenced by the political cartoon.
3. Wildlife ProgramsThere are many wildlife protection programs aroundChester County, meaning that they are controlled by the government
4. Currency Every day, there is a lot of moneycirculating around the country. Because of this, a unified currency is required. For this reason, the governmentcreates and keeps its money in circulation.
5. Public TransportationMany people rely on public transportationto move them around to school and work. This is important to a great number ofpeople so government is usually responsible for making it run efficiently.
6. Law EnforcementThe police and other law enforcementagencies have very important duties in our society. The writing of laws and enforcement is concurrent meaning _______________are all involved.
7. Armed Forces At this present time, the armed forces of the United States have a strong impact on thestate of the nation. This is an important aspectof the government that is controlled solely by the government.
8. Standard Weights and MeasuresThis power allows the government (s) to control what standard weights and measures are for many products in the economy. Without this intervention, everyone’s daily lives would be greatly affected by confusion.
9. County Property ManagementThis form of government usually grants its _______government the power to keep the county propertyclean. This includes thecourthouses, jails, hospitals, and parks. This has a longterm influence on your lives because it is an ongoingjob that takes time to see the benefits of.
10. Medicare will become important later inlife as a senior (and not the ones who aregraduating this year). This program provideshealthcare for people in need. Since it is anationwide health program it is controlled bythe government.
11. RoadsThroughout my life, roads will beupdated and changed. This road is nota super six lane national corridor so itis either a________or ________road.
12. Age ConstraintsEach has the power to regulate certain ages for marriage, liquor, driving, etc.
13. Licensing Each has the power to license certainindividuals such as doctors, lawyers, teachers and plumbers. This is reassuring throughout life because you can usually trust these individuals because they have proved themselves.
14. Property Lines The government is responsible forrecording property lines for commercial and residential areas. This keeps everythingorganized when townships and boroughs are changed.
15. Zoning OrdinancesZoning laws affect life every time you want to construct something on your land. First, you must consult government to see mandatory laws in regard to residential constructions and home additions.
16. SchoolingEvery day, schooling is a necessary part of life that is controlled by the government. It is a reserved power.
17. Gambling laws are a matter for___________government.This can affect life because much ofthe revenue is used to help pay forprograms for the elderly or the schools
18. Foreign AffairsOnly the government can interact with foreign countries. Throughout this nation’s history, foreign affairs have changed and will continue to change during life.
19. The County SeatThe county seat for Chester County is located in , a town northeast of Avon Grove High School
20. The State GovernmentThe state government for Pennsylvania is located in , a city northwest of Avon Grove High School