HOUSE BILL NO. 309
HON. EDUARDO R. GULLAS
An Act reinstating the mandatory
Reserved Officers’ Training Corps
(ROTC) repealing R.A. No. 9163
known as the National Service
Training Program (NSTP) of 2001
STATEMENT OF POLICY
• It is the policy of the State to serve
and protect the people.
• The government may call upon the
people to defend the state and in the
fulfillment thereof, all citizens may
be required under conditions
provided by law to render personal,
military or civil service.
• The ROTC shall be applicable to all
male tertiary students enrolled in
colleges universities and similar
institutions of learning. It shall form
part of the curricula of all
baccalaureate degree courses and of
two-year technical or vocational
courses as s requisite for graduation.
• Female students may likewise
undergo ROTC training on a
PROGRAM OF INSTRUCTION
• Shall be prescribed by the Secretary
of National Defense
• Mandatory 1st two years – Basic
for enlisted reservists
• Voluntary 2nd two years – Advance
for officer reservists
(with summer/ probationary training
• The ALLOCATION of ROTC units
to the various major services of
the AFP shall conform to the
projected manpower needs of
their respective reserve
Acceptance for Advance
• Physically fit for training as screened
by ROTC Acceptance Board
a School representative, and
• Must pass the competitive
• Those physically or psychologically
• Those convicted by final judgment of
• Those undergoing ROTC or similar
training as recognized by military
• Members of affiliated units of AFP
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• The Secretary of Education in
coordination with the CHED and
Department of National Defense shall
issue the necessary rules and
regulations for the effective
implementation of this Act.
• This Act shall apply in the next
schoolyear following the approval of
this Act. Any student who is currently
enrolled under R.A. 9163 otherwise
known as NSTP Act of 2001 may
continue the program component of
their choice under the said law.
• R. A. 9163 is hereby repealed.
• All laws, Presidential Degrees, E.O.s,
other Executive Issuances or parts
thereof which are inconsistent with
this Act is hereby repealed or
• This Act shall take effect 15 days
after its publication in at least 2
newspapers of national circulation.
Creative Commons Attribution
Share-Alike Non-Commercial 2.5 License
You are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by
the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they
endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you
may distribute the resulting work only under the same or
similar license to this one.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the
license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this
- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission
from the copyright holder.
- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.