• Hundreds of years ago, there lived people
known as Druids who were pagans and
worshiped many gods. They celebrated a day to
honor their God of death, and believed that on
that day, the dead were allowed to return to
earth in the atmosphere of death and terror
The Dead and the Living....
They believed that on that night, nothing
separated the dead from the living. Both could
freely communicate with one another.
According to Celtic religion, the some souls of
the dead are trapped inside wild, ferocious
animals and that it is possible to liberate them
.........of Monsters, Ghosts & Goblins
Thus, both animals and people were sacrificed on the Night of
Terror, also known as Halloween to free the "trapped" souls of
some of the dead.
They also believed that evil spirits in the form of ghosts,
goblins, monsters etc. roamed on Halloween night to scare
So What Are
To make these evil spirits happy and to protect themselves from
being attacked by them, the pagans would make huge bonfires
and/or costumes for themselves. These costumes were for the
purpose of dressing up like the evil beings they were scared of
in order to pass as one of them and thus not be harmed. This is
the root of the practice of wearing Halloween costumes.
Clearly, Halloween is the celebration of the fear of death and
When Christianity came to these areas, the church placed a
Christian holiday on the same day known as the Feast of All
The pagan customs merged with the Christian traditions and
then brought to the US by immigrants.
So What Are
DANGERS OF HALLOWEEN ..
• Candy that is distributed may not be halal and healthful
• It is inappropriate to beg
• Safety hazard: We don’t know who is behind the costume
and his/ her real intentions
• People with ill intentions may rob, steal, harm, even kidnap
• Pranks may go out of hand
• Damage to property
• ALL HALOWEEN TRADITIONS ARE BASED ON PAGAN
CULTURE AND CHRISTIANITY
• THEY ENTICE INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR AND
• AS MUSLIMS WE SHOULD HONOR CLEAN,
HONORABLE FAITH AND BELIEFS
• MANY PEOPLE CELEBRATE IT WITHOUT
UNDERSTANDING JUST BECAUSE THEIR FRIENDS ARE
DOING IT OR BECAUSE IT’S FUN
SO ENJOY EID!!!!
* It is halal, clean, not fearful
* Teaches generosity/ sharing and
* We wear nice new clothes, not