SAMPLE LESSON PLAN
Content of Students : Grade 7
Information Literacy Skills : Information Seeking Strategies
Library Skills/ topic : Introduction to Research
I. Objectives :
At the end of the lesson, students are expected to:
1. categorize the kinds and classification of research
2. appreciate the importance of research in everyday life
3. make five topics or problems for research paper
II Learning Experience
The teacher will present different pictures of old and modern equipment
and facilities (television, telephone, typewriter, gas stove, hospital and school)
1. What are the problems can you identify in using the old
equipment and facilities?
2. What is your observation in advancement of technologies?
3. How these modern technologies develop?
The teacher will discuss the following:
1. research definition
2. kinds of research, and
3. classifications of research
1. Why is research important?
3. What is research?
4. What are the types of research?
5. How will you differentiate the classification of research?
6. How will you apply research in your everyday life?
7. What values can you relate in conducting research?
“Pad Paper Activity”
List down five topics or problems particularly in your study that you
want to work or study on. Rank them one (1) as the highest and five as the
lowest. Write the reason why you want to study the topic you ranked one.
How will you appreciate the importance of research in everyday life?
VI. Feedback/ Anecdote/ Recommendation/ Teachers/ Comments:
The librarian commends the class through awarding a star that symbolizes
active participation during class discussion.
1. students will help conduct research done by the teachers
2. recommend research about the proper behavior while using the library
and the use of library materials
LESSON PLAN EXAMPLE
1. What do I want my student
to take away from my IL
That the students will learn the following:
* library research has various references for their
* and to appreciate that all modern technologies they
enjoy today are product of research
2. How will I teach my
students this IL skills and
1. use technology in presentation the topic
2. use the comparison and analysis method of old and
new or modern equipment and facilities
3. give concrete example in different kinds of research
3.1 Laboratory research
3.2 Field research, and
3.3 Library research
4. put more emphasis in library research and the
different resources that they can use in the library
4.3 Newspaper and Magazine
4.4 Online sources
5. impart significant, uptodate information of research
in the field of education
5.1 The Elizabeth Seton School faculty is
conducting research on students learning
difficulty through PLC (Professional
6. integrate the subject research in other subjects like in
T.L.E. or Entrepreneurship
6.1 In venturing a business one must conduct
research or study to determine the right
business or product to ensure success.
7. student will be able to practice hard work,
perseverance and patience in doing research work
3. What will tell me that my
student has learned the IL
skills and topic? 1. if the students can use the right materials or
resources while using the library
2. if the students apply research skills in their baby
Ms. Marifi E. Navarro
Elizabeth Seton School
BFRV Las Piñas City