Niagara falls

3,322 views

Published on

Uploaded by Berkay Tamer.

0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total views
3,322
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
10
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
110
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Niagara falls

  1. 1. Niagara Falls is not the tallest, or the longest waterfall in theworld, but it is one of the most famous
  2. 2.  1) History 2) Location 3) Interesting Facts 4)Tourist Attraction
  3. 3.  The word ‘Niagara’ comes from the name of an Indian town called ‘Ongniaahra’, meaning ‘point of land cut into two’.Niagaras historic sites, battlefields, museums and military recreations are amemorable journey into the past.Niagara was known as "The Crossing" and the start of the Freedom Trail,part of the Underground Railroad.
  4. 4.  Niagara Falls are massive waterfalls on the Niagara River. Straddling the international border separating the Canadian province of Ontario and the U.S. state of New York.
  5. 5.  Approximately 12 million tourist come to visit the Niagara falls each year. Along with being a very popular tourist attraction, the plunge of Niagara Falls, Canada, is also used to generate lots of electricity. It generates around 4.4 million KW (kilowatt) of power that’s shared by Canada and the US. Hence, it is also a great source of power generation, which attracted several industries in this area.
  6. 6.  It’s not only the fall that attracts so many people, it’s the ability of this place to offer such vast variety. Apart from sight-seers, golfers, campers, sailors, hikers, bikers, nature-lovers, and businessmen, all visit this place. If the world had only one wonder, it would have been the Niagara Falls, Canada.
  7. 7.  Niagara Falls is not one waterfall as many believe but actually 3 falls. The American Falls, the Bridal Veil Falls, and the Horseshoe Falls.
  8. 8. Goat Island Niagara River Canadian Horseshoe Falls American Falls U.S.ARainbowBridge Canada Bridal Veil Falls
  9. 9. The American Falls is completely within the USA, state of New York.The height of the American Falls is between 70 to 110 feet (21–34 meters).In 1969 all water flow to the American Falls was stopped. The US armyengineers wanted to see if the rocks at the base could be removed to give thefalls a better look. But the cost was too high. It was decided not to make anychanges to the falls.
  10. 10. American Falls Bridal Veil Falls
  11. 11. Bridal Veil FallsThe Bridal Veil Falls is the smallest of the three waterfalls that makeup Niagara Falls. It is located on the U.S. side.American Falls (left) and Bridal VeilFalls at night Bridal Veil Falls from below
  12. 12. Bridal Veil FallsNote the tourists
  13. 13.  The Horseshoe falls is also known as Canadian Falls. It is the most impressive of the three falls that make up Niagara Falls and also It is the most powerful waterfall in North America. At the center of the Horseshoe Falls the water is about 3 meters deep. At the base of the falls the water is about 56 meters deep.
  14. 14.  The water of the Horseshoe Falls passes at a speed of about 32 km/h. The fall is 53 meters high. 90% of the water of the Niagara River flows over Horseshoe Falls, while the other 10% flows over the American Falls.
  15. 15. Views of Niagara GorgeNiagara Gorge is a 11 km (6.8 mi) gorge carved by the Niagara River alongthe US-Canadian border in New York and Ontario.
  16. 16. Luna Island Goat Island
  17. 17. Bridal Veil FallsLuna Island is a very small uninhabited island in Niagara Falls, New York. It isbetween the American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls
  18. 18.  It connects the cities of Niagara Falls, New York, United States (to the east), and Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada (west).
  19. 19. SOAKED!!
  20. 20. Bridal Veil Falls
  21. 21. The Cave of the Winds trip takes you closer to the waters of Niagara Falls than youthought possible.
  22. 22. 236 m
  23. 23.  Ride The Air High above the racing Niagara River, youll be transported through the air in an antique cable car.
  24. 24. North America’s oldest tourist attraction. Boats leave every 30 minutes . For more than 150 years, it has taken visitors through the foaming waters beneath the falls.
  25. 25. Open 24 hours a day - 365 days a yearThe Niagara Fallsview Casino Seneca Niagara Casino
  26. 26.  Some Pictures:
  27. 27. Berkay Tamer...

×