We need fast flow from plans via actions towards innovative results. In reality, there's friction that disrupts the flow. This friction is caused by our chaotic environment, complexity, emotions & stress and personal interests and it creates three critical gaps. We need to be brave and mind these gaps by avoiding traditional "Command & Control" management behavior and instead try "Autonomy & Alignment"
leadership behavior where the leaders
* Communicate a clear intent: WHAT & WHY
* Gives freedom to decide HOW within boundaries
* Give freedom to adjust HOW in line with the intent
I describe three experiments that we have tried on individual, team and organizational level and the results from these experiments. Additionally, I give references to a number of other companies, large and small, who all work with Alignment & Autonomy.This is highly relevant for all leaders in R&D.
By the end of this presentation, the audience will
* Know the difference between “Command & Control” and “Alignment & Autonomy” behaviors
* Believe that Alignment & Autonomy results in innovative products faster and more engaged people.
* Have an idea of how they can use this in their daily work.
* Feel that they want to try it tomorrow.