Tom & Erika Madsen
100 Connemara Dr.
Cary, NC 27519
Exceptional Service Guarantee
This Exceptional Service Guarantee is your written commitment that
Coldwell Banker Howard Perry and Walston and your sales associate
will perform the services stated below as part of the exclusive sellers agreement.
1. Recommend enhancements that will increase the property’s
appeal to Buyers.
2. Help you develop a pricing strategy by providing information
about properties that have recently sold, are under contract,
and are currently on the market.
3. Create a marketing plan that includes strategies to give the
property total exposure to real estate agents, local buyers,
relocating buyers, CBHPW associates and Internet buyers,
based on the selected level in the HOMES program.
4. Present and review all legal forms required by the State of
North Carolina including an explanation of agency.
5. Review your property history and disclosure statement and
deliver it to each prospective buyer.
6. Furnish and review an estimate of the proceeds that you can
expect from the sale of your property.
7. Recommend professional service providers such as the home
8. Consult with TowneBank Mortgage to establish the most
favorable financing options to a potential buyer and display
those in your property.
9. Monitor feedback from showings and recommend marketing
and enhancement adjustments.
10. Commit to regular communication including prospective
buyer activity and feedback.
11. Communicate with you weekly to review the activity.
12. Return your phone call or e-mail within 24 hours or less.
13. Require that prospective buyers submit pre-approval letters
with all offers. If necessary, verify validity of the pre-approval
letter by checking with the financing institution and
14. Negotiate the price, terms, and conditions to reach an
agreement that is favorable for you. Continue to negotiate
after the contract by providing inspection request assistance.
15. Provide Concierge assistance to help you prepare for and
complete your move.
16. Coordinate showings and after-sale inspection appointments.
17. Monitor the contract status and satisfaction of
18. Offer you our home buying or our referral assistance.
19. Attend the closing.
20. Follow-up after the closing to ensure that details have
21. Provide you with the opportunity to evaluate my service
provided through Coldwell Banker Customer Satisfaction.
Should Coldwell Banker Howard Perry andWalston not perform the services stated above, you are entitled to terminate the exclusive listing agreement on your property. Written
termination must be presented by you in person to the Office Manager. You also agree to provide CBHPW with an opportunity to correct the situation within a 72 hour period
following delivery of the termination notice. If the exclusive listing agreement with you is terminated, the termination provisions of the exclusive listing agreement shall apply.
Things you need to know about
marketing your home…
• 94% of home buyers use the Internet to search
• The median age of home buyers using the
Internet to search for homes is 37 years old.
• The real estate agent is still the primary resource
used by buyers in their home search.
Increase Buyer Flow
• Motivate agents
• Motivate buyers
• Master marketer
• Over 40 Web sites
Advertising Your Home Where the Buyers Are…
94% of home buyers used the
Internet to search for homes.
90% of sellers reported that their
home was listed or advertised on
the Internet, up 30% during the
past six years.
Around 60% of buyers were also
likely to walk through homes
More than 80% of home buyers
found photos and detailed
information about the property
online very useful when searching
for a home.
The median age of home buyers
using the Internet to search for
homes is 37 years old.
Statistics courtesy of the 2009 NAR Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers
What does Social Media have to do with
selling your home?
Don’t think it is important that your Realtor® and their real estate
company are actively involved in social networking? Think again.
• Facebook reaches 56% of the active U.S. Internet universe, with
each user spending an average of 6 hrs a month on the site
• Facebook is the #3 website visited by users 65 and older
• Twitter grew 500% year over year
• Time spent on social networking sites in the U.S. increased 277%
• The average U.S. worker spends 5 hrs a month visiting social
networks at the office
*(Statistics Courtesy of Nielsen Wire, Jan 2010)
Exposure on the Web
87% of Buyers are starting their home search online
Buyers are 10 times more likely to find the home they purchase online than in the newspaper
Buyers are 32 times more likely to find the home they purchase online than in a homes magazine.
Let the Internet Power of CBHPW work for You and Your Home
• Yahoo Real Estate
• AOL Real Estate
• Yahoo Classifieds
• Lycos Classifieds
Statistics courtesy of the 2009 NAR Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers
Studies show that people are more inclined to do business
with a company they can build a relationship with and trust.
Our print advertising
on real families that
we’ve helped to buy
or sell a home.
In 2009, 94% of
home buyers used
the Internet to
search for homes.*
To capture this significant number of buyers, our impressive online presence features
prominent advertising with emphasis on capturing home buyers and sellers immediately on
leading national websites.
We feature enhanced listings and additional advertising on:
In addition to all of this concentrated online advertising,
all CBHPW listings feed to over 40 national real estate websites.
You deserve the best support possible from your real estate company.
What Should Your Real Estate
Company Do For YOU?
*2009 NAR Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers
Exposure to Real Estate Agents
• Hot Properties
• Weekly sales meeting
• Direct email
Exposure to Buyers
• 24/7 on-duty agent
• Direct mail
• Open house (Where applicable)
• Yard brochure box
• Home information store
• Custom web address
• FloorPlanOnline virtual tour
*As applies within the HOMES program
Time is Precious! -
That’s why we have LeadRouter…
• Customers who find your home online can submit an inquiry
about your listing
• Each incoming website inquiry about your property is immediately
sent to your Realtor®
via LeadRouter phone or email for a
• Customer details are recorded in the LeadRouter system,
for ongoing follow up by your Realtor®
• Customer assistance within minutes!
Best List Price Results in Best Sale Price
• Educate you on trends
• Snapshot of how your home fits into the market
• Slightly less, slightly more pricing strategy
What Affects the Market Value of Your Property?
In understanding the market value
of your property, we must deal
with some factors that are “given”
– we have no control over them:
Physical qualities of your property:
Size of house and lot
Floor plan and architectural style
Interest rates and availability
Prices of recently sold properties
State of the economy
The number of similar properties
Their prices, financing terms,
location and physical condition
Some factors have no effect on
the current value of your property:
What you originally paid for
The cash proceeds you want or
need from the sale
What people say your property
An Important Message About
the Value of Your House
Your house has many values to
the tax assessor, your lender and
insurance company, and to you. It
also has what’s called “market value”
to prospective buyers.
The best price obtainable can only be
determined by testing the market and
challenging the competition. In the
end, the market dictates the value
based on current conditions, number
of home buyers, etc.
Competitive Market Analysis
The price at which you choose
to market you property will be an
estimate of the “test results” once
your house is placed on the market.
To help determine a price for your
home, a Competitive Market Analysis
is included in your customized
Marketing Action Plan.
Buyers do “comparison shopping”
and the Competitive Market Analysis
focuses on properties on the market
competing for buyer attention.
Houses that have been recently sold,
and houses that did not sell, are also
examined to see what recent buyers
were and were not willing to pay.
The price of your house must attract
enough attention among buyers and
brokers to generate showings
Each mark indicates the actual selling price of a property in the competitive range.
Selling Price (in thousands)
Currently For Sale
Each mark indicates the list price of a competitive property now on the market.
Current List Price (in thousands)
Did Not Sell
Each mark indicates the final list price of a property that was offered for sale but did not sell.
Final List Price (in thousands)
Competitive Price Lines
“The Hazards of Overpricing Your Property”
• Your property will rarely be shown or not shown at all.
• Your property will not sell within the time frame you want to move.
• Your property will be used to help sell other properties.
• Your property will get “stale” on the market.
• Even if it does sell, your property may not appraise.
• An unrealistic price discourages bona fide purchasers from making an offer.
• Offers that do come in will appear low, but will actually reflect the real value.
• Your property may not sell at all.
Recommended Price: Listed Price:
Sales Associate has advised the Seller(s) of the dangers of overpricing, but Seller(s) has elected to price
the property higher than the market dictates. Seller(s) therefore accept(s) responsibility for the above-
mentioned “Hazards of Overpricing the Listing.”
Seller Date Seller Date
Where a Sale Begins or Ends
• You don’t get what you deserve, you get
what you negotiate
• Don’t alienate buyers, don’t weaken your position
A Word of Caution
In order to maintain the strongest negotiating position,
we recommend that you do not discuss the following
information with any buyers or other real estate agents.
• Reason for selling
• Urgency to sell
• Willingness to consider an offer less than listing price
• Financing terms you would accept
• Personal property you might be willing to include
• Timing and benefits from your company (if a corporate relocation)
• Any other confidential information
Closing the Sale
Handling the details
We will monitor the progress of the transaction, including
the satisfaction of contingencies and conditions.
Working with the buyer’s agent
We will continue to work on your behalf in dealing with the
Keeping you informed
We will stay in touch on a regular basis to keep you informed
and answer your questions throughout the entire transaction.
Closing Responsibilities Seller Side - Resale
This is a sample of the more than 200 things that should be considered.
___ Change status in MLS and Web site
___ Deliver contract to closing firm/attorney
___ Turn in earnest money
___ Contact lender, verify loan application completed
___ Verify Condo/HOA documents are ordered
___ Coordinate inspections
___ Order HOA documents if needed
___ Verify appraisal ordered
___ Send survey/title information to closing attorney
___ Verify with closing attorney the title search is ordered
___ Verify home inspection completed
___ Get status from lender/commitment letter
___ Verify well and septic report completed if needed
___ Verify title is clear and survey is ordered
___ Negotiate repair request
___ Assist in securing vendors for home repairs
___ Confirm financing status with lender
___ Send home warranty information to closing attorney
___ Verify payoff from existing lender ordered
___ Verify loan is out of underwriting
___ Advise seller of last details
___ Check in with lender/clear to close
___ Get copy of well and septic report for file
___ Confirm time of final walkthrough
___ Contact closing attorney for preliminary HUD
___ Contact seller - bring keys to closing/photo ID
___ Walkthrough completed
___ Check in with seller needs/concerns
___ Contact attorney for final HUD and post
___ Pick up signs and lockbox
___ Provide seller information for closing attorney
___ Attend closing
___ Follow up after closing to ensure all details have been completed
Before, During and After the Sale
Through our network of more than 80 local and national
companies, you will have access to a variety of products
and services, some discounted. Whether you need
interior or exterior improvements, moving assistance, or
temporary lodging, Concierge can provide high quality
recommendations that can save you both time and money.
• Title Insurance
• Home warranty
(Auto, Home, Life and Commercial)
• Mobile mini-storage
• Moving van lines
• Moving supplies/boxes
• Temporary housing
• Hotel accommodations
• Furniture Rental
Post Closing and Seller Services
• Home repair and remodeling
• Landscaping and lawn maintenance
• Handyman services
• Security systems
• Locksmith service
• And Much More!
Visit us at hpw.com/concierge
Personal Touch and Timely Response
We will report the results of events
such as open houses and property
We will discuss current trends in
buyer activity, interest rates and
We will share suggestions from
other real estate professionals who
have previewed or shown your
We will provide a weekly progress
report on the promotion and sale of
You will hear from me regularly on the progress
of our marketing activities.
More Than Just a Sign
• National and local name recognition
• Full-service company
• Long reputable history
• Coldwell Banker, over 100 years
• Howard Perry and Walston, over 35 years
#1 Real Estate Company in the Triangle
According to 2007 & 2008 Real Trends 500, a study
representing the standard of measuring the performance
of the nation’s leading realty service firms, Coldwell Banker
Howard Perry and Walston took the top spot in the Triangle
Market in 2007 & 2008 for closed transaction sides and
total volume. Also named the #1 Real Estate Company
in the Triangle by the Triangle Business Journal.
Through the years, Coldwell Banker Howard Perry and Walston (CBHPW) has continued
to raise the bar for supporting those in need. In the late 1990’s, the HPW Foundation was
established to create opportunities for employees and sales associates to support charitable
and non-profit organizations in their local communities. In turn, the company provides
matching funds, allowing individual contributions to make an even greater impact.
The HPW Foundation supports various not-for-profit organizations to benefit countless
individuals throughout the Triangle and central North Carolina. Since its inception, the group
has given more than $668,000 to local charitable organizations. The HPW Foundation
recipients have included Habitat for Humanity, Susan G. Komen for the Cure/ NC Triangle
Affiliate, The Frankie Lemmon Foundation, Junior Achievement of Eastern North Carolina,
local arts councils, area rescue missions, Me Fine Foundation, Second Chance Pet
Adoptions and Special Olympics North Carolina.
The Triangle’s Leading Real Estate Company
Coldwell Banker Howard Perry and Walston has been a driving force in the Triangle’s
residential real estate market for more than 35 years. Today, this full-service real estate
• 650+ real estate professionals and sales offices across the Triangle
• The Triangle’s premier new homes division
• The Triangle’s leading relocation division
• A trusted and reliable mortgage company
• An insurance company with personal, automotive and commercial programs
• A title company with competitive rates and exceptional customer service
• North Carolina’s leading real estate school
• Platinum status with the world’s leading relocation company, Cartus
• Voted #1 Best Place to Work in the Triangle in 2007 and 2008 - Triangle Business Journal
• Named #1 Real Estate Company in the Triangle in 2009 - Triangle Business Journal
The Leader in Real Estate Technology
87% of people shopping for a home now study online listings first. Who wants to drive
around looking at 20 houses between 8:30 and noon, when you can disqualify all but the top
five by viewing photos or taking virtual tours online?
Yet Realtors still remain a vital part of the transaction equation. Like buyers and sellers,
Realtors depend on technology. For the benefit of our clients and agents alike, Coldwell
Banker Howard Perry and Walston has made it a priority to invest in the newest and best
technology the Internet has to offer.
• Community Films and innovative video content on HPWtv
• Web Presence on over 40 leading national websites
• Interactive Map Search
• Detailed Home Search
• On-Demand Electronic Signature Service- DocuSign
• “Click to Chat” and “Click to Call”
2009 VITAL STATISTICS
• Over $1.3 BILLION in Sales Volume
• 5,949 Transactions
• 4,118 Listings
• Over 6,500 Open Houses
• Over 650 Realtors®
• Over 65 CBHPW new home communities
• #1 Real Estate Company in the Triangle Area (Real Trends 500, Triangle Business Journal)
• #64 Real estate company in the nation in closed sides (Realtor Magazine)
• #65 Real estate company in the nation in sales (Realtor Magazine)
• #1 Coldwell Banker Company in North Carolina (Closed AGCI)
• #7 Coldwell Banker Company in the Nation (Closed AGCI)
• Voted “#1 Best Place to Work in the Triangle” in 2007 and 2008 (Triangle Business Journal)
• #62 Real estate company in the nation in closed sides (Real Trends 500)
• #66 Real estate company in the nation in sales volume (Real Trends 500)
• National Coldwell Banker Chairman’s Circle
• Named one of the Triangle area’s “Top Corporate Philanthropists”(Triangle Business Journal)
• National Coldwell Banker Golden Hammer Centennial Award (Habitat for Humanity)
• Coldwell Banker was ranked as having the “Highest Overall Satisfaction For Home Sellers
Among National Full Service Real Estate Firms” by J.D. Power and Associates in their
2009 Home Buyer/Seller StudySM***.
*** Coldwell Banker received the highest numerical score among full service real estate firms for home sellers in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Home
. Study based on 3,138 total evaluations measuring 5 firms and measures opinions of individuals who sold a home between March 2008 and April 2009.
Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed April-June 2009. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com