1. Analysis by Back Link TypesCompiling competitor backlink profiles - opensiteexproler.com - ahrefs.com
1. Analysis by Back Link TypesSort data in Excel - Separate sheets for all competitors - Using autofilter to see % of types to determine types of backlinks // directories, blogs, profiles - Determine quality of links, especially editorial links - Compare numbers to top competitors
2. Anchor Text AnalysisAnalyzing anchor text distribution Branded anchor - The brand name is the anchor text, e.g. "Fischer Plumbing" Exact Match - The anchor text exactly matches a keyword, e.g. ”seattle plumber" Phrase – anchor text containing part of the keyword Random - The anchor text does not contain the brand or any keywords (or partial keywords), e.g."this website"
2. Anchor Text Analysisbranded/non branded Example of websites are all large national and international brands/ecommerce sites that are well linked to.
2. Anchor Text AnalysisDownloading Anchor Text Data from OSE
2. Anchor Text AnalysisDumping data into Anchor Text Distribution document http://j.mp/anchortextdistribution