Successfully reported this slideshow.

Infographic . Science, Research and Innovation Performance of the EU 2018 Strengthening the foundations for Europe's future (SRIP) Report

1

Share

1 of 1
1 of 1

Infographic . Science, Research and Innovation Performance of the EU 2018 Strengthening the foundations for Europe's future (SRIP) Report

1

Share

Download to read offline

Infographic . Science, Research and Innovation Performance of the EU 2018 Strengthening the foundations for Europe's future (SRIP) Report. European Commission

Infographic . Science, Research and Innovation Performance of the EU 2018 Strengthening the foundations for Europe's future (SRIP) Report. European Commission

More Related Content

More from eraser Juan José Calderón

Related Books

Free with a 14 day trial from Scribd

See all

Related Audiobooks

Free with a 14 day trial from Scribd

See all

Infographic . Science, Research and Innovation Performance of the EU 2018 Strengthening the foundations for Europe's future (SRIP) Report

  1. 1. 2018 15 146 26 106 59 2009 30%22.5% 28% 19% 15.5% 0,0 0,5 1,0 1,5 2,0 2,5 3,0 3,5 20% TOP30 4.2% 2.03% 36% 64% 246 regions 95% 5%30% nearly flat SCIENCE, RESEARCH AND INNOVATION PERFORMANCE OF THE EU 2018 SRIP REPORT FACTS AND FIGURES OF THE SRIP 0.1% – low 2007-2016 productivity growth holds back more robust economic growth in Europe 30%– 2000-2013 productivity growth in top 5% companies with the highest productivity growth. It was nearly flat for the other 95% 1 2 zeronumber of EU companies in the global top-15 companies by market capitalisation 2017 December: # of unicorns 4 20%– venture capital available in EU compared to US 6 30%– of EU R&D publications were Open Access. In 2009, 22.5%. 8 4.2%– average R&D intensity in the top-30 leading regions. All are in Western Europe and account for 36% of total R&D investment 2.03% – EU average indicates the regional innovation divide 10 ec.europa.eu/research/srip EMBRACE THE CHANGE EMBRACE INNOVATION EMBRACE A BETTER FUTURE SCIENCE, RESEARCH AND INNOVATION PERFORMANCE OF THE EU SRIP 2018 REPORT Find out more: Europe is an R&D powerhouse → 7% of the world’s population → 20% of global R&D → 1/3 of all high-quality scientific publications But Europe fails to transform leadership in science into leadership in innovation and entrepreneurship 3 1.3%– EU business R&D investment 5 15– unicorn founders whose alma mater was an EU university – 146 in the US 7 Capital in Greece, Italy and Spain invested in Zombie companies (unproductive companies unable to cover their interest payments for three consecutive years) 9 TOP 10 1.3% 2% 2.6% 3.3% Research and Innovation ©EuropeanUnion,2018|Web:ISBN:978-92-79-80955-2,doi:10.2777/247526,KI-01-18-253-EN-N

×