PMD660 features• Stereo (2-track) or monaural audio recording and playback. Non-timecode!• Audio inputs: built-in mic, external XLR mic inputs, or stereo-mini line level input• Audio outputs: built-in speaker, headphones, or line level output• Records onto Compact Flash cards
PMD660 features• Can transfer files directly via USB; or by removing CF card (preferred)• Recording formats: MP3 mono, MP3 stereo, PCM16bit/44.1k, PCM16bit/48k• Uses four AA batteries or AC adapter• Stores three pre-sets of menu settings that you can configure for quick selection
1. Speaker• When menu is set to SP/HP, speaker is active. Headphones mute the speaker. HP/SPK volume controls speaker and headphone volume.
2. Internal Microphones• Low quality built-in mics.• Better to use external mics.
3. MARK button• Pressing the MARK button while recording adds an EDL marker during pause, recording, or playback.• Markers not function with other playback software, so do not rely on them outside the PMD660.
4. MENU/STORE /EDIT• MENU is accessed while in STOP to change recording configuration
4. MENU/STORE /EDIT• Pressing STORE while selecting preset menu items will save those menu choices and return to STOP mode.
4. MENU/STORE /EDIT• While in STOP, if you depress SHIFT+EDIT, you can erase tracks, erase EDL markers, and format the CF card.