You are not your Thought Article by spiritual author enza vita
By Enza Vita, author of Always Already Free
– What is Enlightenment and What Does It
You are not your thoughts
• The most important point I can make is that you are, naturally
so, and that you exist right now, effortlessly. Can there be any
doubts about that? Awareness is, and as awareness, you are not
only aware, but brightly present. You are awareness,
awareness-ing, in every moment.
• Every search, however broad or knowledgeable, comes back to
this simple seeing. Your mind wants to continue the search for
the truth because the mind cannot grasp the simplicity of it all,
so it clings to the idea that it is a separate entity. The mind
generates questions in order to validate its own existence. You
must be extremely clear in your direct seeing of this.
• This is so simple and so basic that it continues to be habitually
overlooked. As humans, we tend to pile complexities on things
that we do not understand. The mind likes to form puzzles to
unlock. The mind creates concepts like time, future, past,
striving, questions, and obstacles. But the answer is so simple.
You are awareness in this present moment, and awareness is
all that there is.
• The true essence of your being is embodying itself moment to
moment, becoming the flow of life, moving through your body
and mind just as it moves through the bird, the tree, the rock.
• You come from no-thing, an ocean of pure potentiality, into
being. You think you are just one of the waves, a short life that
ends crashing on the shore. As a wave you live and you die.
Eventually you crash upon the shore and there is the end of
your existence. But the truth is that you are the ocean itself;
you create the waves.
• Each wave is your present life story, which is only a part of
you. Yes, the story of who you are will eventually crash
against the shore, but you, as the ocean, remain.
• When you realize the truth, everything remains the same,
except that you no longer. believe in a false idea.
To Know more