Mastodon bone inscribed with theimage of a mastodon.
- spontaneous desire to decorateobjects- to makeimages from nature and magicalsuperstitions- reasons why images of animals huntedby people are seen sculpted in caves
- remain and seem closerto eternal life- represent deities or Horusthemselves are gods- used as symbols inHieroglyphs Hathor
- are simplified and stylized monumentally with the Assyrians’ grandiose stone reliefs- depict interaction with humans, nature, etc.
- most prominent focusof Greek arts- painted or sculpturedon vases- prototypes of nobles Ex voto Horse and Rider : Terracotta.. Greek Horse. Terracotta.
- used as symbols Fish symbolizes Christ The Apostles are often shown as lambsPeacocks represent the immortality of soul
used as symbols Native American symbols (Nazca lines in Peru) Chinese Zodiac Zodiac Signs
- became the main theme of the artistswithout decorative or symbolic pretext - painted and sculptured for their own sake
- are used as models in different artworks—drawnin text books, represented in pictures, served asmotifs for human aesthetic activities, and so on.
- moral allegoriesmany writers -- animals provide Tales of animalturned to social old guidance, social abuse arose, insatire and animalanimal stories and commentary, which animalsno longer producegenres to moral seen as the were authorityrepresented thenew works dealing and sympathy in victims of humangodsthemes ofwith but portrayed fiction, often giving greed, ignorance,human foibles andparanoia, voice to the andpolitical corruption.alienation, and silenced and industrialization.futility. oppressed.
- Empathy- Sympathy- Humor- Fun- interest- They like animals- They want to add emotions- They can connect with the readers- To target certain audience
- Their settings- Their habitats- Their qualities
- Literary compositions that tell conflictsbetween animals- Use animals as the characters of the stories
A Short History of Animals in Literature: http://voyagerblog.com.au/2011/09/01/a-short-history-of-animals-in- literature/ India Travel: December 2009: http://myindiantravel.blogspot.com/2009_12_01_archive.html Animals in Medieval Art: http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/best/hd_best.htm Animal Symbolism in Many Cultures: http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/animals2.htm Animals In Literature: http://www.slideshare.net/mrkimmi/animals-in- literature Animals in Art: http://www.erudit.org/culture/va1081917/va1209623/55248ac.pdf