• Types of software Agents.
• Interface Agent.
• How Interface Agents work? (perform tasks)
• Applications of Interface agent.
Types of Software Agent
Dimensions along which they differ:
o Nature of task performed
- user facing vs. background task?
o Ideal or primary attributes
- Cooperation, Learning, and Autonomy.
- where does it resides? Can it move?
o Role fulfill
- what task does it help the user with?
• Interface agents are computer programs that employ
Artificial Intelligence techniques to provide active
assistance to a user with computer-based tasks.
• It does not act as an interface or layer between the user
and the application.
• it behaves as a personal assistant who is collaborating with
the user in the same work environment.
How Interface agents work?
• By Learning & Autonomous.
• As for Learning :
* observing and imitating the user. (from the user)
* Receiving positive and negative feedback.(from user)
* asking other agents for advice. (from peers)
* receiving explicit instructions from the user (learning
from the user).
• It performs tasks based on internal states.