We’re excited to announce that we are evolving our cloud application architecture to be more flexible and modular, giving you greater control of your environment and more choices for components, deployment options and infrastructure.
During this webcast we'll provide more information on Engine Yard Cloud's new cluster model, infrastructure abstraction layer and monitoring and alerting agent, share what's coming and have an open Q&A to answer your questions.
• A ﬂexible and modular architecture designed to give developers more granular control"• Greater variety of choices for platform components, infrastructure and deployment options"• A complete solution to effectively plan, build, deploy and manage applications" 2!
You" Your Running App" Engine Yard" Platform Components" 3!
• Remove the need for instance roles• Cluster belongs to a region – can have clusters in multiple regions.• Cluster AMI and Cookbooks (soon)• Try Now - Early Access 9
• A new monitoring and alerting agent is included with all new Engine Yard Cloud deployments • New monitoring capabilities provide incident data on applications, components and other processes in a VMAlerts and monitoring areavailable for virtual resourcesin the infrastructure, includingCPU, memory and disk 10
• Built using Angular.js, the new UI provides a structured experience• Developers can • Plan projects • Deploy applications • Monitor performance • Manage environments 12
• Blueprints are predeﬁned structured plans based on Engine Yard best practices • Help developers use proven deployment options for others to easily reuse• Use blueprints provided, save for future use, modify parts, or create custom 13
Control Choice• Use Engine Yard best • Choice of infrastructures practices via blueprints • Increasing variety of components OS• Create purpose built clusters or bring your own• Automate all tasks via Gentoo • Choice of private or hybrid cloud Ubuntu the API deployment• Direct SSH access to your environment• Plan projects • We are here to help – from• Build platform stacks, extend trouble shooting to solving OS capabilities any application issues• Deploy applications • Best of breed architecture Gentoo• Manage and monitor based on deep expertise Ubuntu environments Comprehensive Expertise 14
Learn more about our announcement:"https://www.engineyard.com/products/cloud/preview"Architecture Vision Whiteboard: http://ey.io/XVtKgX"New UI Preview Screencast: http://ey.io/VLvDNG"Architecture Solution Brief: http://ey.io/WYmoLZ"Key Resources in our Community Forum!Feature Requests: http://ey.io/13hIXIA"Release Notes: http://ey.io/Xtb6gY"Early Access: http://ey.io/WNgmZ8" 15