One person dies every 5 minutes from smoking
related diseases . It is estimated that for each
cigarette smoked, an average of 5.5 min of life is
THE FACTS SMOKING
- It is addictive – more than heroine or cocaine
- Makes your clothes, hair and breath smell
- Turns your teeth and fingers yellow
- Increases risk of stroke and heart attack
- Increases risk of developing diabetes
- It is the most common cause of lung, throat
and mouth cancer
COMMON REASON FOR SMOKING.
- Young people are attracted to the image.
- Because their friends and family are smokers
WHAT ARE IN CIGARETTES? DO YOU KNOW?
Over 4000 Chemicals!!!! (60 of which are
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF
GOOD REASON FOR QUITTING SMOKING
You will live longer and live better
You will lower your chance of having a heart
attack, stroke or cancer.
The people you live with, especially your
children, will be healthier.
You will have extra money to spend on important
things, instead of cigarettes.
Do you know someone that is a smoker ?
Well, there’s hope…… People can and do quit
smoking But, it won’t be easy because smoking is
an addiction .
“ A cigarette has fire at one end and a fool at the other