The 5 Kingdoms
Animals : Animalia
• Many celled organisms that cannot make their
own food. They have to eat other plants and
animals to produce energy .
• Animals cells do not have ridged walls
• This kingdom includes: Mammals, Birds,
Reptiles, Amphibians, Fish, Mollusks, Sponges,
Worms, Insects, And Spiders.
Plants : Plantae
• Many celled organisms that make their own
food by a process called photosynthesis
• Plants have cells with rigid walls with cellulose
• This Kingdom includes Flowering Plants, Trees,
Mosses, And Ferns .
Fungi : Fungus Organisms
• Fungi have no chlorophyll. Fungi dissolve their
food and then absorb it.
• The Fungi cell walls contain mostly chitin. The
same substance found in insects exoskeletons.
• This kingdom includes Molds, Mildews, Rust,
Yeast, Mushrooms, and more.
Protista : Protists
• Prostists are mostly one celled
microorganisms including plant and animal
• This kingdom includes Algae, Amoebas,
Paramecia , Diatoms, Euglenas, and many
• Protists have cells with a true nucleus.
Monera : Monerans
• Monera are microscopic one-celled organisms.
• Their cells don’t have a true nucleus.
• Most Monera absorb their food.
• This Kingdom includes Bacteria and