EV Economy Recovery: National Stimulus Proposals by Matt Petersen
1. Forth Webinar
EV Economy Recovery: National Stimulus Proposals
June 2, 2020
Building an inclusive greeneconomy laci.org | 1
2. The Transportation Electrification Partnership is an unprecedented
multi-year partnership among local, regional, and state stakeholders to
accelerate transportation electrification and zero emissions goods
movement in the Greater Los Angeles region (LA) in advance of the
2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
3. Building an inclusive greeneconomy laci.org | 3
The urgency from COVID sets the stage to right the economy in
a way that increases resiliency to climate change.
• Policymakers are looking for ways to get the economy back on track and are open to
innovations that support recovery.
• The EV industry is primed for growth, provides high-quality jobs, and there are many
• Stimulus programs are being developed federally andstatewide.
4. Building an inclusive greeneconomy laci.org | 4
The Transportation Electrification Partnership submitted a $150 billion
proposal to Congress
“Keeping America Working, Protecting Public Health, &
Strengthening our Communities”
The proposal outlines a set of strategies and investments for
Congress to consider for federal economic and infrastructure
stimulus. The recommended actions include:
• Zero Emissions Vehicle Manufacturing, Assembly and Adoption - $25 billion
• Zero Emissions Infrastructure Investment - $85 billion
• Zero Emissions Public and Active Transit - $25 billion
• Workforce Development and Job Training - $12.5 billion
• Innovation Ecosystem, Cleantech Startups and Related Small Businesses -
5. Building an inclusive greeneconomy laci.org | 5
Cleantech leaders from across the country have signed
on in support of the $150 billion proposal
El Segundo, CA
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
San Leandro, CA
Santa Barbara, CA
Fall River, MA
New Brunswick, NJ
New York, NY
Salt Lake City, UT
More than 40 cleantech companies and organizations
in cities across the country have united behind this
6. Join the Call to Action!
President and CEO
Sign up for our Zero Emissions 2028
Roadmap Newsletter to stay informed on
LACI’s transportation initiatives and how you
can join us in tackling the climate crisis at
8. Building an inclusive greeneconomy laci.org |
Potential initiatives to assist California’s economic recovery
Move to get 500,000 chargers installed statewide for light, medium- and
Invest in the DER and energy transportation nexus
Create and expand exisiting incentives—while leveraging existing tools and
resources—for attracting more EV design, development, assembly and
manufacturing in California
Invest in related workforce development and job training
Extend and increase current cleantech ecosystem support
TEP is an unprecedented public private partnership focused on reducing GHGs and air pollution through TE in advance of 2028, world turning attention to LA for Olympic Games
You can see here the logos of all of our partners; many of whom are here today
Local Govt, state regulators, utilities, leading industry players, labor organizations and one of our own startup companies
All of these partners play an influential role individually, but it’s by coming together that we can move further, faster towards achieving our goals.
We hope that you’ll stay sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay abreast of updates from the Partnership and related events.
And with that we’re pleased to turn it over to some of our valuable partners to share a bit about their organizational priorities and why they’ve united with us in this effort.