Business Driving Agile Development at Scale - Teradata Partners Conference - October 2012
THOMAS, THE AGILE
Business driving agile
development at scale
General Manager, BI CoE Strategic Delivery, Telstra
Telstra is Australia's leading telecommunications and information services
company, with one of the best known brands in the country In 2011/12,
total revenue was $25.4 billion and reported EBITDA was $10.2 billion.
In 2011/12, Telstra:
• Handled close to 3 billion local calls, 4.7 billion national long distance
minutes, 12 billion text messages and close to 17 billion mobile voice
• Provided 8 million fixed line and 13.8 million mobile services, including
• Handles around 300,000 calls in our contact centres each day
• Operates and maintains more than 11,000 telephone exchanges
• Our people and contractors, on average, complete around 23,000
customer service jobs (new services and fault repairs) a day
• Send out more than 100 million bills every year.
Telstra has one of the largest shareholder bases in Australia; with 1.4
million shareholders and millions more investing through superannuation
OUR EDW AGILE JOURNEY
18 months later
• 7 teams,
• Many projects
• One Agile Release Train
One agile team
on a pilot project
AND WHATEVER YOU DO MAKE SURE YOU
HAVE THE SUPPORT OF ONE OR MORE
SEASONED AGILE PRACTITIONERS!
Give us your feedback!
To complete a Session Survey, log-in to
the PARTNERSmobile app from your smart
phone, go to the InfoHub kiosks, or visit