Founders -- this is your chance to get real insight from a real venture capitalist about pitching and pitch decks.
From Marc Phillips (Founding Managing Partner in Arafura Ventures Inc.(arafuraventures.com) and author of Inside Silicon Valley: how the deals get done) and Gadiel Morantes (Chief Revenue Officer) with Early Growth Financial Services (www.earlygrowthfinancialservices.com), comes a presentation about how to create a winning pitch deck.
Topics covered include:
- What slides to include
- How to best present yourself
- Financial projections, dealing with management gaps, showing market size, demonstration IP, and more!
• Select investors that can re-up on their investment
• Short sentences, non technical speak
• Investors watch body language
• Don’t hesitate, maintain eye contact
• Defer to co-founder/CTO
• Keep consistent momentum/pace in presentation
• Control emotion, be prepared for conflict
• Be aware of your emotional timeline
• Connect with analogies and anecdotes
• Reiterate Team, Market Size and Product Fit
Slide 7: Go To Market /Distribution
SV Speak: Block and Tackling
Thank You and Q&A
Early Growth Financial Services