SAP – WEB Integrations
Ahmed Rami Elsherif
• One of the important challenges in a SAP
implementation is its integration with other systems in
the enterprise; another one is WEB enabling some of its
• SAP provides a basic infrastructure for integrations that
is secure, efficient and transparent.
SAP Integration Technology
Used in the presented
SCRIPT RFC y BAPI
Data is created in real-time in SAP.
User friendly screens without extraneous fields.
Minimal training time.
Knowledge of how to navigate in SAP is not
• Import/Export Data: In this application We read data from
different modules of SAP, Save it in a local database,
generate data equivalences and export it to other systems
in a pre defined format.
• Monetary Adjustment: Reads balance sheet data from
SAP, calculates the monetary adjustment based on rules
introduced in the application, and writes back the GL entry
to SAP via BAPI call.
• Purchase Order for Transport Service: Reads transport
operations registered in SAP (IS-OIL), aggregates
contract conditions, generates the conciliation sheet,
generates the SAP PO of the service, and liberates it.
Data Export From SAP
Generate Text files to
be consumed by other
Relate data to
Repeat the same
process from different
Read SAP Balance
Entry in SAP
SAP GL Entry created
in real time
Transport Service PO
SAP Purchase Relate Data Order
created in real time
Operations SAP IS OIL
VIA BAPI Call
• Although SAP is intended to cover all activities in the
enterprise other auxiliary or activity specific systems will
exist and for that integration with SAP is essential.
• ABAP is the official programming language of SAP, but
every thing that can be done in ABAP also can be done
in other programming languages using RFC and BAPIs.