• The persistence of sound in a particular space
after the original sound is removed.
• This basically means Echo, so the sound you
hear in your bathroom or under a bridge.
• Is the alteration of the original shape (or other
characteristic) of an object, image, sound,
waveform or other form of information or
• An example of this would be old school punk
bands, which use this effect on their guitars;
like the Sex Pistols.
• Is an effects unit that allows a musician to
modify the sound of a musical instrument.
• An example where effect can be heard is in
the Foo Fighters track – Generator.
• In electronic music, this is a control on
• pitch bend to vary the pitch in a continuously
• Is an audio effect which records an input
signal to an audio storage medium, and then
plays it back after a period of time.
• Cross fade is when you’re switching between
two audio tracks, and you use an effect to
fade between the two. This can also be used
• An echo is when a sound repeats over in a
quiet and softer way. Just like when you shout
under a tunnel.
ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO
• This is generally done at the beginning and
end of a track where you don’t want there to
be a harsh cut off. You use a fade for it to
slowly get quieter and quieter until you can no
longer hear it.
• Panning is when you have the audio switch
between sides. If you’re using headphones
(for example) you can deside if you want part
of the track to be in the left ear, right ear or
both. You can also use an effect to make it
swerve in and out automatically.
• Reverb is an effect given off to make the track
sound like it is in a room. Sort of like an echo
but without the repeating.
• This is a tool used to take out unwanted
background sounds from a clip. It doesn’t
work perfectly 100% of the time but it will try
its best to remove sounds such as cars, voices,
• Looping is when you set a track to play again
• Reverse is when you use a tool to have the
track played backwards.
• The Doppler Effect is the change in frequency
of a wave. For example the car sounds higher
when coming towards you, when it is past and
driving away the pitch is lower.