Colour schemeColours in media can connote a variety of themes andemotions. Understanding what these are will be vital to our video. This is because our video will be a stop motion animation, and the colour scheme will be important at helping to tell the story.
• Red out of all of the colours, red has the most meanings and interpretations. It can mean sensitivity, love, passion, friendship, will power, courage and anger. Out of these the ones that appeal most to my animation video and would fit in well are love, friendship and courage. Our song is about a male character cheering up the upset female character who he loves, making red an appropriate colour to use for our video.
• Orange orange is the colour that is the middle ground between red and yellow. It is generally a positive colour some of its representations can mean enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation. Out of these meanings, the ones that are most applicable to my music video are enthusiasm, happiness and determination. As our male character is a personification of happiness, orange would be a good colour to represent him with. Similarly, enthusiasm and determination also apply to our male character, who’s goal in our video will be to try and cheer up our depressed female character.
• Yellow Yellow is the colour of sunshine. Its associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy. This makes it an ideal colour to be used to represent our happy, male character. Yellow is always seen as a very positive colour. All of the meanings for the colour yellow apply directly to our male character, from his perpetual positive mood and hit unrelenting effort to try and cheer up the sad female character who also stars in our video.
• Green green is a very powerful colour, and is also one that is important to the symbolism of our music video. Green is the colour of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, peace, safety and fertility. All of these meanings are used in our video. The hill scene in our footage shows our male character (sunshine) climbing up a hill. As green is perceived as a healing colour, it makes his helping of the female character(raincloud) more apparent, and shows he is helping her recover. Our final scene shows our characters, raincloud and sunshine walking across a field, hand in hand. The green field represents harmony, peace, safety, all of which are emotions that the 2 characters are feeling. Afterwards, sunshine plants a seed and both him and raincloud walk out of the scene. The seed begins to grow into a flower, which represents 2 main things. The first is that it symbolizes their love, and the flower represents a baby. The second is that the colour green represents fertility and growth which, from a thematic sense, allows for the flower to grow.
• Blue despite being a cool colour, blue does not have many negative representations about it. it is mainly used to symbolize trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven. In our final scene in our animation, the sky that is usually white, it now a light shade of blue. This is used to represent health, , tranquility and calmness. This is because our female character is no longer in a state of depression and is finally happy again.
Purplewhile purple is often perceived as an exotic and royalcolour that connotes power, nobility, luxury, andambition. It can however, be seen as a colour evokesgloom and sad feelings. It can also cause frustration. Weuse it for this meaning instead, as it is used to show ourfemale characters depression. In the shots set inside thehouse, the colour purple will be the colour of the walls,representing the sadness of the character and herfrustration with her affliction.
• Black black is a colour that is primarily linked with power, elegance, formality, death, evil, and mystery. Black can be associated with the unknown, as well as the more common accociation of death, making it a very bold and powerful colour. Unfortunately black would not fit in with the themes we are trying to convey in our music video, and as a result is not featured in it.
WhiteWhite is associated with light, goodness, innocence,purity, . It is considered to be the color of perfection.White is seen as the opposite of black, and as a resultcontrasts with it. however, much like black, white has noplace in our music video. White it does represent lightand goodness, a combination of yellow and green canportray the themes of our footage better than white.White is also a dull colour, and would make our footagelook boring and dull.