Creating a Digital Documentary Part II
Voices In History
March 19, 2011
9-9:15 – Welcome, housekeeping and introductions
9:15-9:30 - Check in
● Discuss and table share two exemplary student movies
● All completed student work should have been uploaded to our site and
can be shared online.
9:30-9:45 - Digital Movie Making- Adding Video
○ Overview/Show examples
9:45-10:45 - Learning the Tools
● Using the Flip Camera
● Record and Import video
○ Participants will video tape in front of the green screen and tape time travel narrative
● Syncing Audio
○ Use the computer as a second audio recording device
○ Learn how to sync the audio with a clap and sound waves
● Green Screen
○ Use green screen settings in Adobe Premiere/iMovie09
● Sync up b roll images
○ Use still images and video narration
● Add music track
10:45-12:00 - Plan and Edit
○ Use your student journal (located on your blog, reflecting current content) and transform one
student’s entries into a script.
○ Work with project planning sheets
○ Plan today’s movie project
○ Think about how you will schedule and implement this movie project in your classroom.
○ Plan for a 7-Day (session) project
○ Use storyboard to match up narration with video/images
12:00-1:00 - LUNCH
1:00-2:00 - Edit and polish your project
2:00-2:45 - Check Out and Share Out!
● Response to shared projects
● What are the implications of creating movies with video in your classroom?
● Address any unanswered questions