Your ability to know and manage yourself
•Ability recognise how you feel and why & impact of your behaviour on others.
•Ability to clearly express your feelings, stand your ground & defend a position.
•Ability to be self directed and self controlled.
•Ability to recognise your strengths & weaknesses, & accept yourself despite weaknesses
•Ability to realise your potential & feel comfortable with your achievements and personal life.
People skills – ability to get on with others
• Ability to understand what others may be feeling and thinking
• Ability to be a cooperative & contributing member of your
• Ability to form and keep mutually beneficial relationships
Ability to be flexible, realistic and to solve problems
• Ability to see things as they are, not how you wish or fear they
• Ability to adjust feelings, thoughts and actions to changing
• Ability to define problems, then generate & implement effective,
Capacity to tolerate stress and control impulses
• Ability to remain calm and focused, and to
deal constructively with adverse events and
• Ability to resist or delay a temptation to act
The ability to be positive and in a good mood
• Ability to maintain a realistically positive attitude,
especially when faced with adversity
• Ability to feel satisfied with life, to enjoy yourself
& to experience enthusiasm in a range of
The most important formula
Thoughts Feelings Actions Consequences