Leah Chang — Technology planning and change management
Leah Chang founder of Leah Chang Learning Inc. Leah works with organisations to create learning strategies that streamline the education process for staff and volunteers.
The technology planning process can be overwhelming, especially for those without any technical background. Where do you start? How do you implement the tools and keep volunteers, staff and donors up to date?
This video was recorded on March 4 2020 for NetSquared Vancouver. It's an interactive workshop with industry experts to get your questions answered.
Adopt that puppy! Rescue that kitty!
● Learning technology adoption
● Community Outreach Enablement
● Mobile learning (ages 60s+)
A bit about my world...
Curriculum & Educational
New LMS & eLearning Development
LMS Migration, Data Cleanup, Course Development, Admin Enablement
My Tech Values & Approach
Concept development over process
knowledge. Enable others to be their
own tech Masters.
Information should be transparent,
accessible, always up-to-date, and
My Tech Values & Approach
Design an excellent “Admin Experience” (AX/AI)
Tech should help us focus on what’s important: people & relationships
Today: By the Numbers
3 Case Studies
5 Change Management
1 Big Question
you can use right away
● Start with team Awareness Training
● Work closely with the ED
● Educate & enable via team working
● Crowd-sourced knowledge base
articles customized to the organization
● Personalized training opportunities
Issue: What’s a CRM? What the heck is the “CRM
Project? (Ugh, it’s going to be more work!)
● Tap into the organization’s culture for
● Crowd-source & engage internal users
● Name it! Together!
5 Ways to Increase Tech Adoption
1. NEVER assume people know
2. ALWAYS support learning & development
3. Train for awareness at EACH project stage
4. Direct access to the E.D. (or key knowledge
5. Adapt Corporate resources/workflows for
Stuff for you
● Corporate to Non-Profit Speak
● Systems “Lingo Bingo”
● CRM Roles & Responsibilities
CRM Awareness Slides
● Today’s slides
● What is a CRM? - use with your team!
Impact to non-profits
When well-implemented LMSs enable...
● Real-time onboarding
● More effective knowledge transfer & program
● Happier staff, volunteer, constituent, boards
When well-implemented, CRMs can enable…
● Streamlined operations
● Stronger evaluation & assessment of programs delivery
● More efficient outreach
● Training CANNOT be an afterthought
● Semi-customized training materials that look
& feel like your system are more effective
● Go beyond Change Management & consider
longevity & operationalization
The Big Question
How will YOU…
● Help the organization adopt the puppy?
● Rescue the kitty?
● AND keep it healthy after you leave?
Get in touch!