National Tourism Enclave
12- October, 2017 Chandigarh
Tourism Ecosystem- Punjab
Products and Services-
( Culture ,sports,
Planning , promotion ,
Security, Health and
-----------SKILLS- CROSS CUTTING ACROSS ALL THE THREE COMPONENT----------
Punjab Skill Development Mission
• Punjab Ranks 12th in the no of domestic tourist arrivals and 15th in the no
of foreign tourist arrivals in India.
• An annual Tourism Influx of around 16.6 million ( both domestic and
foreign) generates benefits equivalent to INR 637 Crore annually.
• Studies Indicate Significant Skill gap persist in the Tourism and Hospitality
Sector in the State of Punjab.
• Tourism Sector is a priority area for PSDM.
• Currently 500+ Youth are being trained in the courses related to Tourism /
like Service Steward, Front Office Assistant, and Trainer Chefacross the
Project with Punjab Heritage and
Tourism promotion Board
• PSDM in association with Punjab Heritage and Tourism promotion Board will
implement the ADB assisted project for training 2000 youth in Phulkari,
dari , Wood Craft, Crochet , and Punjabi Jutti on a cluster mode and
promote the clusters as part of tourist spots.
Challenges under the Programme:
1. Availability of Training Partners having expertise to conduct the training.
2. Development of Course Curriculumn.
3. Institutional arrangement for assessment and certification of trainees.
4. Imparting of Life Skills along with domain skills to the trainees.