Proposed Modernization- Objectives
• To create Mumbai Port as premier destination for cruise liner.
• To develop Port as Home Port for Cruise vessel.
• Terminal as Landmark destination in India.
• Develop at par with the best available in the world.
• Modernization to meet the taste of international tourists.
• To enable the operations of domestic cruise also.
• To make project economically viable and aesthetically suitable.
• Adequate check-in counters, immigration, security, scanners, carousels etc.
• Equipped with all modern facilities such as Shopping ,Retail, commercial etc.
• Segregation of terminal area from cargo handling operations.
• Meeting requisite standards of services.
• Open for Domestic Visitors on non cruise days
• Standard operating procedure for operation etc.
Technical Features of Proposed Modernization
• Infrastructure for cruise ships size up to 5000 Passenger.
• Projected Vessel Handling Capacity – 160 nos.
• G+3 Structure Iconic Design on Cruise Concept.
• Estimated Cost – Rs. 197 Crores.
• Total Construction Area – 3.5 Lakh sq. ft .
• Total Operational Area – 1.5 Lakh sq. ft.( approx.)
• No. of Days Operational – 240 days in a year.
• Draft available at Berth – 10.5 m
• Operation and Maintenance of Terminal on PPP Model.
Key Project Benefits
• Ease in the facilitation of cruise tourist at the terminal.
• Increase in domestic and international cruise tourist.
• To enhance Tourism Sector in Mumbai.
• Increased revenue to the port.
• Overall growth for the local economy.
• World class iconic building added to Mumbai.
• Creation of landmark destination in the city.
• A step towards boosting the cruise tourism in the country.
• Segregation of road for cargo operations and cruise related vehicles.
• Entry of cruise passenger through Green gate.
• Provision for retail entry separately.
• Uninterrupted cargo operations at BPS and BPX in absence of cruise .
Chronology of events
1.Sanction of Board for the Block Estimate – 22.12.2016.
(Amount – Rs.197 crores. (incl. 3% contingencies & 7% S&O charges)
2. Sanction to detailed estimate (Civil and façade work)
(amount – Rs.137.9 crores. (incl.3% contingencies & 7% S&O charges) – 15.03.2017.
3. Invitation of Tender – 18.03.2017.
4. Board approval for discharge and re-invitation of Tender – 28.04.2017.
5. Tender re-invited on – 02.05.2017.
6. Tender received on – 26.05.2017.
7. Board approval of award of work – 02.08.2017.
8. Award of Civil works – 08.08.2017 (Already awarded)
9. Completion period – 24 months.
10. Request of funding from Sagarmala/Ministry of Tourism – 10.07.2017.
11. Process for obtaining statutory clearances is in progress.