Industry Presentation: Nishith Dave, Circle CEO- Gujarat, Indus Towers
SMART CITY SUMMIT
Indus Towers Limited
By Indus Towers
25-26 NOVEMBER 2016
Indus at a Glance
/ 22 Telecom circles15
Gross block invested
World’s Second Largest Telecom Tower Company with Indian roots
Smart City benefits to the society
Every 10% increase in broadband penetration
increases the GDP by 100 basis points
Create an attractive economic and social
environment for growth in which citizens,
government and enterprises can closely live,
work and interact
Rapid urbanization builds
pressures on utilities –
electricity, gas, water, waste
management and transportation
– Smart city will reduce such
negative impact of
Lowers the energy consumptions
Reduces transportation requirement &
efficient traffic management
Smart city ecosystem
Smart services require a common digital backbone and long term approach
• Network Service Provider
• Pure-Play Product Vendor
• Passive Infrastructure Provider
• Build Own Operate (BOO)
• Build Operate Transfer (BOT)
• Build Operate Manage (BOM)
• Open Business Model (OBM)
Water Healthcare Energy Waste Water Solid Waste
Multiple players and business model evolving
Host of smart services required in Smart City projects
Why separate Telecom Infra RFP is required?
Strong Backbone to make India - “A Digital India” to enable all smart services
Futuristic Town Planning for communication to reduce TCO.
Uniform medium for future Technological Upgrades
Seamless Connectivity- with minimum Call Drops
Minimum disturbance to Utilities during Technological Up gradations
Maintain Uniformity of Skyline with Camouflaging Solutions
Access Of Smart Services on the Move
Challenges faced in Smart City - Telecom
Too many tower requirement from multiple IP/Operators.
Sky line not in line with Smart City Design.
Radiation concern by citizen.
Scientific Design of Infra not done.
- Call Drops.
- Future Requirement.
- Support Future Technology.
Critical Success Factors for creation of Telecom
• Technology Agnostic
• Internet is a service which can be accessed by multiple medium like 2G/3G/4G/Wi-Fi
• Neutral Host Environment
• Choice of service provider with end user
• Sharable Infra-Structure i.e. towers/ shelters/ etc.
• Scalable and future ready infrastructure
• Use of street furniture, Land & buildings
• BOM/BOO Model
• Aesthetics in-line with Smart City Vision
• It should be able to host other Smart City Elements like CCTV, Traffic Management,
Smart Billboards, Wi-Fi services, SOS services, etc.
Modular Smart Pole with smart light feature,
and the following integrated solutions:
• Environmental Sensors
• Variable Messaging Display
• Outdoor Access Point
• Mobile charging point
• Smart Lighting
• Surveillance Camera
• Emergency Panic System
• WIFI services
• Further Addition in services can be planned on case to
Integrated Smart Pole with Smart City components
Benefits of Smart Solutions:
Regular Street furniture can be replaced with Smart
Poles to enhance the aesthetic of City.
It will reduce the duplication of infrastructure
Uniform and smart Sky line