A BRIEF ABOUT
THE COTTON CORPORATION OF INDIA LTD (CCIL)
• CCIL was established on 31st July 1970.
• It is the single largest agency on behalf of Government of India
engaged in procurement of cotton from the farmers in the
• Operates in all the major cotton growing States with its 14
Procurement Branches and around 300 procurement centres
under their jurisdiction.
• Kapas is purchased in Regulated/Notified Market yards only.
• Transportation, Ginning and Processing, Storage arrangements
are made through proper tendering process before
commencement of purchases.
BRIEF ABOUT CCI..
• To undertake Minimum Support Price operations
(MSP), whenever the market prices of kapas touches the
support prices announced by the Government of India,
without any quantitative limit;
• To undertake Commercial Operations (CP) only at CCI's
• To act as implementing agency for Mini Missions III &
IV of TMC.
TRADITIONAL SALES SYSTEM
• Price of various varieties are fixed by the Price Fixation
committee in the morning.
• The sale quotes are displayed on the web site of the
• All offers received upto cut off time are compiled and placed
before Purchase and Sales Committee.
• Intra day price fluctuations.
• Communication, paperwork, human intervention.
NEW SYSTEM FOR SALE
ON THE PRINCIPLES OF E-GOVERERANCE
• Introduced sale of FP bales through e-sale (electronic
Auction) in the financial year 2013-14. by appointing
M/s. NSE-IT Ltd. as solution provider .
• It is an e-business between auctioneers and bidders,
which take place on an electronic market place.
• Before participating in e-auction, each Buyer has to
register themselves with the Corporation.
• The registered buyer is provided with digital signature.
• E-Auction starts automatically at the time specified by
Corporation on daily basis. The bidding quantity is
fixed before start of e-auction which is displayed with
their respective floor rates.
• Bids were accepted at the highest rate of the respective
category. The identity of the bidders is not disclosed
during the e-auction.
…..NEW SYSTEM FOR SALE
• Bids are accepted at floor price and above in multiple of
• Buyer can put multiple bids, subsequent bidding value
should be greater than previous bid.
• If any bid is received in last 3 minutes of auction,
session timing get extended automatically by 5 minutes
(max 3 times i.e. 3 slots of 5 minutes, if same scenario
repeats in extended session). After 3rd extension of
session there won’t be any further extension of the
• At the end of the session maximum value price bid
receive for that particular auction will be the winning
• Convenience of Buyers/Sellers.
• More transparency and better price realisation due to
• Cartelization of Brokers/Mills avoided.
• An efficient, open and transparent system and clear audit
trail of transactions.
• Participants receives real-time market information.
• Contracts are issued faster.
• Efficient real time bidding Process.
• Avoiding manual intervention and biasness.
BENEFITS OF E-AUCTION
• Buyers are able to make bids without being restricted by their
• An accelerated process shortens the sell cycle time by reducing
• Anonymous online event creates a “level playing field” i.e. a
fair and competitive market.
• Time benefits : reduction in paperwork.
• Ease and speed of communication to multiple bidders
• Secure bidding environment. Security code/password is
• The ability to submit more than one bid.
…BENEFITS OF E-AUCTION
The Corporation has taken up a major project in IT i.e. ERP
implementation in the Corporation :
• To achieve centralized database
• To have online integration between all functional
• To have online integration with all locations (Head
Office and Branch Offices) and
• To meet our business requirements & future challenges.
With this the Corporation has moved towards business
automation & e-Governance.
• Appointed M/s. Wipro Ltd. as consultant having rich experience
in providing consultancy services for implementation of ERP in
many PSUs & business entities.
• Corporation implemented Oracle E-business Suite as ERP
Software Business Solution (software package) through M/s.
Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd. as System Integrator.
• Corporation has established data centre at HO, Navi Mumbai and
implemented WAN (Wide Area Network) connectivity between
HO and Branches.
• Modules for ERP are Procurement, Sales & Distribution,
Materials Management, Discrete Manufacturing for processing of
cotton, Finance, HR & Payroll, CPF and Vigilance, which covers
entire functional activity of the Corporation.
The major advantages after implementation of ERP in the
Corporation are detailed below :
Elimination of duplication of data at different locations and in
Ease of Review & Monitoring as the data is available timely
Reduction in paper documents by providing on-line formats
for quickly entering and retrieving information.
Improved timeliness of information by permitting, posting
daily instead of weekly, monthly or quarterly.
Greater accuracy of information with detailed content, better
Faster response and follow up with customers
Better monitoring and quicker resolution of queries.
Quicker response to change in business operations and market
Helps to achieve competitive advantage by improving its business
Improved supply-demand linkage with remote locations and
Provides a unified customer master database usable by all
Improved operations by supporting a variety of tax structures,
invoicing schemes, multiple currencies and multiple period
Improved information access and management throughout the
• IT initiative for upgradation, enhancement and redesigning
website of the Corporation.
• The new website was developed using the latest technology on
‘dot net’ platform AND keeping in mind the Guidelines of
Indian Government Website (GIGW) & Web Contents
Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
• It is helping the users including disabled persons to navigate
and access the website with ease.
• The new website is also available in Hindi, where all the items
listed in English website is available in Hindi. Further, the
dynamic moving contents are also made available in Hindi.
UPGRADATION OF WEBSITE
• Corporation has made compulsory 100% payment to
Ginning and Pressing factories through e-mode.
• Focus to maximize the e-payments to cotton farmers and
FARMERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTOR