What’s new in 3.9 – 1/2
New look and feel
● More modern look for default theme. More control on colors of theme → work continue with 4.0
● Colors on categories/tags.
● A common top banner for entities (thirdparty, contact, product, …) → Need to be ported to other entities.
● A new « quick search box ». Show also which fields were used for search when doing a "generic search"
from the "quick search" form on left menu.
● Introduce thumb of user (photo) on some pages.
● Can choose fields to show on list of thirparties, users, projects and tasks.
● Can search « and » or « or using | » and « * » on text fields on lists (3.8 already introduced search on <, >, ≤,
● Can edit email templates using WYSIWYG editor.
● Tooltips and more help on dictionary edition page.
● Planned workload and declared progression is visible by default on more page/reports.
● Can define/edit list of prospect status.
● Contract module can be used to follow bought (and not only sold) contracts/recurring subscriptions.
● Option "encrypt password" into database is set to on by default on first install.
What’s new in 3.9 – 2/2
● Add experimental module « Loan »
● Add experimental module « Dynamic price »
● Framework enhacement : To have a page being loaded at same scrollbar level after a
click on a href link, just add the class "reposition" on this link → see example on
module page when enabling a module at bottom of page.
● Add demo data to allow developers to get a more ready to use instance for online or
● Support logging to a Sentry server (need to add external lib /includes/raven/raven)
● More hooks, more triggers.
What’s new in 3.9 – Summary
=> Summary :
● New features reported by ChangeLog : 131 (76 for 3.7, 110 for 3.8)
What’s new in 4.0 – 1/2
New look and field
● Cleaning default theme continue -> Let’s have a look...
● More responsive design themes. Use of a « hide/show left menu » button in top menu.
● Hidden option THEME_ELDY_DISABLE_IMAGE and THEME_MD_DISABLE_IMAGE
● Can search on « start/end with »
● Can choose fields to show on list of orders, proposals, invoices (in 3.9 : thirdparties, users, projects and tasks).
● Prepare home page to be fully personalized, with widgets (boxes were renamed into widgets)
● Can use HTML content to personalize footer of PDF (If WYSIWYG module is on)
● A new page to activate modules with filters on provider, status, to prepare to receive more and more modules.
Show content provided by a module.
● « Scheduled job » module is now stable. An external module can add its own code to be scheduled.
● Recurring invoices are stable. Invoice module is first module to use the scheduled job module for generating
● Probability of opportunities can be defined per project
● Can overwrite a translation from GUI
● Margin calculation can be done on Cost price (To complete Best supplier price and Weighted Average Price)
What’s new in 4.0 – 2/2
● Add experimental module « Accounting Expert »
● Module « Loan » was moved to stable
● Compatibility with PHP7 → need testers
● More PHP unit tests (included few API REST among other tests)
● REST APIs are ready and now stable -> Feature coverage still need to be improved.
● Add methods to get width, volume, height for all products into a proposal, order,
● All uploaded images are uploaded in 3 sizes (original, small and mini)
● A lot of code was rewrote, normalized, mutualized... 4.0 is ready for the future...
What’s new in 4.0 – Summary
=> Summary :
● New features reported by ChangeLog : ??? (76 for 3.7, 110 for 3.8, 131 for 3.9)
L'informatique libre et éco-responsable
Thanks for your attention
firstname.lastname@example.org +33 1 79 97 02 78 www.teclib.com