Be the first to like this
Session at Eclipsecon 2009, Santa Clara:
Dynamic Views for Business Applications (Riena + Eclipse Modeling: EMF, oAW)
Eclipse Riena gives you an easy way to create Views for business applications with databinding, markers (required, read-only, error), validation-rules and more.
A typical Business Application has many Views for simple data (CRUD) which can be generated from a data model, because its mostly the same how to represent Entity and their fields.
But it would be good to make some fine-tuning:
- change the order of fields
- set fields to invisible
- set fields to read-only
- set fields as mandatory
- set some validation - rules
- change representation
This can be done from a UI - designer or (business - oriented) key - user.
I'll show a way how Riena Views can be used a dynamically way:
* EMF Metamodel for Riena Views
* GUI Designer where you can change the UI using Drag'n'Drop: change behavior, change Ridgets
* Persist the changes using CDO
* Generate the View Model itself using Eclipse Modeling (openArchitectureWare) without loosing the changes from GUI Designer
* In RCP client UI you simply call getView(aEntity) to receive the View dynamically generated
The Session will also include a live round - trip demonstration.
* Entity Data Model (UML) for a simple use-case
* Generate Entities and ViewModel for each Entity
* Open generated View in ViewDesigner, change the View using Drag'n'Drop
* Change the Entity Data Model (add some fields)
* Open generated View to verify: first changes are still there - new fields added
the session was presented in "ZEN"-style, so there are no bullets etc.
thats the reason why I adeded audio and present the session as Video Podcast.
more info at: http://ekkes-corner-tv.org