The ARM1176™ applications processors deployed broadly in devices ranging from smart phones to digital TV&apos;s to eReaders, delivering media and browser performance, a secure computing environment, and performance up to 1GHz in low cost designs. The ARM1176JZ-S processor features ARM TrustZone® technology for secure applications and ARM Jazelle® technology for efficient embedded Java execution.
You can program the pins to interact in amazing ways with the real world. Inputs don&apos;t have to come from a physical switch; it could be input from a sensor or a signal from another computer or device, for example. The output can also do anything, from turning on an LED to sending a signal or data to another device. If the Raspberry Pi is on a network, you can control devices that are attached to it. Camera Serial interface
A RISC-based computer design approach means processors require fewer transistors than typical complex instruction set computing (CISC) x86 processors in most personal computers. This approach reduces costs, heat and power use. Such reductions are desirable traits for light, portable, battery-powered devices—including smartphones, laptops, tablet and notepad computers, and other embedded systems.ACORN ACORN RISC MACHINE
The Dynamic Bike Headlight is a prototype product which allows a cyclist to see dynamic information about their ride in the beam of their headlight. The prototype on display in the video above shows the speed of the bike, but it could be programmed to show maps, distance traveled, heartrate, or nearby friends.
• The Raspberry Pi is a fully featured
micro-computer built onto a circuit
• Developed by charitable organisation.
• Supported by tech firm Broadcomm.
• It can transform your TV to computer.
• Similar to size of an
Computer science skills increasingly important.
Works on various OS.
Access to computer at low cost.
Learn to program various hardware.
Computer Science is concerned with much more
than simply being able to use a computer.
Beginners should understand how they work and
how to program them.
• The Raspberry Pi has a Broadcom BCM2835
system on a chip (SoC),which includes an
ARM1176JZF-S 700 MHz processor
• Video Core IV GPU.
• Originally shipped with 256 megabytes of RAM,
later upgraded to 512MB. Now 1GB.
• It does not include a built-in hard disk , but uses
an SD card for booting and long-term storage.
• 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket
• HDMI socket
• USB 2.0 socket
• RCA video socket
• SD card socket
• Powered from microUSB socket
• 3.5mm audio out jack
• Header footprint for camera connection
• By default, supporting Python as
the educational language.
• Any language which will compile
for ARMv6 can be used with the
• Voice-Activated Coffee Machine
• Raspberry Pi Dynamic Bike Headlight
• It can make your Old TV in to a smart TV. (You can
play Videos, 3D Games, Music, Browse Internet and
• Raspberry Pi can Act as Full HD 1080p Media Player.
• Controls various sensors. Home automation,
Carputer, Internet radio, Controlling robots,
Cosmic Computer, Hunting for meteorites.
• You can connect a Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse
and use it as a normal computer.
• Ultra low-cost (Model A Rs1500 , Model B
• Ultra low-power ~1W
• Credit-card sized, fanless, instant start-up
• Complete easy-to-program computer
• Provide a fun environment for experimenting
with programming and electronics
• Inexpensive, simple, open and easy to
maintain computer for schools
• Fun computer for beginners to experiment
with at home(programming, robotics, etc...)
• It does not have a Hard Disk associated with it for
permanent storage of files ,we have to connect
one externally or have to use SD card for the
• The RAM is a POP package on top of the SoC, so
it’s not removable or swappable.
• There is no Real time clock associated with the
board . Adding an RTC is expensive. You can add
one yourself using the GPIO pins.