Questions to ask before setting price
• What does the customer think the value of our solution is?
• Have we done a complete scope document/project plan?
• With whom on organization chart am I dealing?
• Who referred this customer to us? Why were we referred in the first
• Do they have any time sensitive deadlines for the completion of this
project? Why do they need to do it now and not in six months?
• Who’s paying for the service? Are they spending other people’s money?
• Do we have any competitors? If so, who? What price information do we
have about these competitors?
• How profitable is customer’s company? How long have they been in
• How busy are your resources?
• Have they engaged with someone else prior to us to do similar work? Who
was prior firm and why are they changing?
• How sophisticated is the customer?
• Does customer add to firm’s skills or markets?
• Do we like this customer? What is the state of their restroom?
• How do we help reduce the customer’s risk?
Van Westendorp’s Model
Expensive Cheap Too cheap