“Huh? I need to plan?! They always say that!” You can really trip yourself up by not having a plan and following through. How do I do that and what’s in it for me? Is it worth it? Sacrifice for the future.
Online job banks: Linkedin USA jobs Guamjobs Monster Department of Admin.
Planning a successfull carreer after college
PLANNING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AFTER
COLLEGE SBPA Classroom 110
September 26, 2014
Choice of major vs. Choice of career.
WHAT PATHWAYS DO YOU SEE?
“What do you want to be when you grow up?”
• It’s not about being positive or negative. It’s about being real.
• What’s the difference and why do I care?
• How are you going to get there?
• You need to plan.
WHAT WAS OR IS YOUR PLAN?
• High School
• Bachelor’s degree
• Work & Make money
• Transition to the Next level
Education is important and is your chosen pathway to success.
Plan for a better tomorrow and
Do you have the resources?
Can you get them?
Access = opportunity
Barriers = discrimination
EXAMPLES OF SUCCESS
• Gimme a name.
• Why are they successful?
• How did they get there?
• Know this: You can do the
exact same thing.
• 5 minutes to plan out your next 20 years.
• Present your long term education and career plan to the group.
• Gather information.
• Assess and evaluate.
• Decide & Plan
1. Where am I now?
2. Where do I want to be?
3. How do I get there?
• Understand you and how you function; what you like and what you are good at.
• Get better by obtaining a degree. How? Why?
• Identify counselors, mentors, coaches, future bosses.
• Self Directed Search
• Personality assessment: Holland Code
• How to know your life purpose in 5 min.htm
• Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address.htm
• Why you will fail to have a great career.htm
• Mayor Billy Kenoi, of Hawai'i Island, at HPU's commencement