Rebuilding the Ka‟bah
Historians say the House of Allah
has been reconstructed 12 times.
We will analyze the first five.
Surely the first house appointed for mankind was that at Bakkah, a blessed
place, and a guidance for the people, wherein there are manifest signs – the
station of Ibrahim. Whoever enters in is secure and pilgrimage to the house is a
duty of mankind towards Allah, for him who is able to make it. (3:96-97)
REBUILDING OF THE KA‟BAH
By Quraysh & the Prophet – Incident mentioned in Abu Dawood
Due to floods the
foundation was very
weak hence they
demolished it and built
intructed the Quraysh
to build it with Halal
The cost was devided
between the clans. They
demolished the Ka‟bah and
kept digging till the bottom.
When they hit the orginal
structure they heard a loud
expolsion in the city. So they
stopped and started rebuilding
They kept on builing till the halal
monmey finish. The hateem part
was left. So they decided to carry
on once halal money comes in. it
never got completed. The
companions woul tell the prophet
after to complete but he would
say „the people will get angry‟ so
he left it.
Placing the Hajra Aswad. All wanted
the honour. Suggestion was made
that first person to enter the masjid
will get the choice. The porphet was
given the option. They all were
happy at the choice. He told each
leader to hold a corner of a sheet
and place it on the ka‟bah.
Thereafter the prophet placed the
hajre aswad himself.
By Ibrahim (A.S)
After the flood of Nuh the Kaba was destroyed.
No trace or foundation.
Jibrail retraced the marking for Ibrahim and
By Adam (A.S)
Allah delegated to Jibril to command Adam to
build the Ka‟ba.
He was instructed to to tawaf and was told you
are the first man and this is the first house
devoted to Allah (Fathul Bari)
• The Messenger of Allah “The Black Stone came down from Paradise.” (Tirmidhi) it
was white but due to the sins of this Ummah it has turned black. (Ahmad)
• Umar touch the Stone with his hand then he kissed his hand. He Umar - said, I have
never ceased to do this since I saw the Messenger of Allah . (Bukhari & Muslim)
“By Allah! On the Day of Qiyaamah, Allah will present the Hajar al-Aswad in such a
manner that it will have two eyes and a tongue to testify to the Imaan (faith) of all
those who kissed it.” (Timirdhi & Ibn Majah)
• For homework write the history of the Black Stone and how it has been preserved till
today. Mention how cracks and small holes have appeared on the stone.
By Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf
He rebuilt it in the smaller shape which is found today took out
- Walled up the western door (whose signs are still visible
today) and left the rest as it was -pulled down the wall in
the Hateem area.
- Removed the wooden ladder Ibn az-Zubayr had put inside
- Reduced the door's height by five cubits
By Abdullah Ibn Zubair
Put a small window close to the roof of the Kaba to allow for
- Moved the door of the Kaaba to ground level and added a
second door to the Kaaba.
- Added nine cubits to the height of the Kaaba, making it twenty cubits
high. Its walls were two cubits wide.
- Reduced the pillars inside the House to three instead of six as were
earlier built by Quraish.
SIGNIFICANT OF KA‟BAH & ITS
• Sacred place
– Difference between haram and meeqaat
NEXT FEW LESSONS
• We have covered up to the age of approximately 35
Years of the Prophet‟s life.
• Period before the Wahi
• The status of the Prophet before gaining Prophethood.
• The seeing of Dreams.
– Reality of dreams
– A portion of Prophethood