Be the first to like this
Over 600 Citrix professionals participated in the survey, and the results have been compiled into a data rich, 23-page report to provide valuable benchmarks and new insights into the challenges, technology choices, and best practices for Citrix performance management.
Download the Citrix Performance Management Report: http://www.eginnovations.com/reports/citrix-performance-management-2014/
Here are some of the key survey findings:
• Performance management is critical for the success of Citrix deployments. 97% of respondents consider performance management to be important for the expansion of their Citrix infrastructure. 86% of respondents consider performance as a key concern during migration of Citrix versions.
• Citrix gets the blame whether the problem is Citrix related or not. The biggest performance challenge respondents face is that Citrix gets blamed for all user experience problems – even if the problem is not with the Citrix tiers. However, a majority of the time (65%), performance problems are NOT directly caused by the Citrix tiers.
• Admins spend more time fire-fighting and troubleshooting performance problems. In over 60% of cases, respondents spend more than 30% of their time fire-fighting and troubleshooting performance problems. One of the key reasons is that Citrix performance management is still mostly manual.
• Proactive alerting most important to Citrix professionals. A majority of respondents (68%) are looking to make Citrix performance management proactive, so they get alerted and can fix issues before users notice.
• Most IT admins don’t benchmark their Citrix environment. Despite the interest in managing Citrix performance proactively, very few respondents have solid performance benchmarks of their Citrix infrastructure. 26% of respondents have NEVER conducted any performance benchmark. 18% conducted benchmarks only during migration.