What does the brand stand for? (brand essence)
• Health, vitality, enhanced water, enhanced lifestyle, trendy
• “Not your ordinary bottled water” “Hydration for every
occasion” – tagline
What is the brand philosophy and brand promise?
• Offers a convenient way to get more of the nutrients they need
to get through the day and cope with everyday life
• No added preservatives, no artificial sweeteners, no artificial
colourings and no added sodium
• Hydration that works every time
• Diverse range of active lifestyle drinks, packed with nutrients
to help people feel and perform better
What are the respective brand images?
Healthy, rejuvenating “miracle elixir”, for people on the go,
status symbol (you want to be seen with Vitamin Water)
What perceptions does the brand seek to establish?
There is a new kid on the block – a delicious, nutritious,
flavoured water – one for every “need”
Are the perceptions/associations held by the consumer positive
or negative ones?
• Incredibly expensive, tastes nice but you can find the same
product for cheaper
• Coca-Cola, who owns Vitamin Water, was sued by a non-profit
public interest group for unjustified health claims;
• The UK’s Advertising Standards Authority banned a Vitamin
Water commercial for describing their product as “nutritious”
• The product is basically sugar-water, with synthetic vitamins
added to it. One bottle of vitaminwater contains 33 grams of
sugar, which is more like a can of cooldrink than a “healthy”