• Online mapping service designed for schools
• Ordnance Survey mapping for all of GB at many different
• Historic mapping 1890s and 1950s
• Aerial photography
• Pupils can add their own labels, text boxes, markers, photos,
graphs, points from csv
• Measure distances, areas
• Buffer points and lines
• Create A3 and A4 maps for printing or use in ppts/docs
Service set up
• Online service, no software installation or data
• Browser based – PC, laptop, iPad, Smartboard
• One login per school – limitless number of
• Can be used out of school e.g. at home or
outdoor learning centres
2690 schools across GB
– 185 Scottish secondaries
– 1020 English secondaries
– 30 Welsh secondaries
• Superb resource for
• Many other areas within
– Numeracy (measurement,
– Social Studies incl History
– Sciences – Biology
– Outdoor Learning
– Health & Well Being
• Digital Technology
Es and Os
• SOC 3-14a I can use a range of maps and geographical information systems to
gather, interpret and present conclusions and can locate a range of features within
Scotland, UK, Europe and the wider world.
• SOC 4-05b I can evaluate the changes which have taken place in an industry in
Scotland’s past and can debate their impact.
• SOC 4-10b I can explain the development of the main features of an urban area in
Scotland or elsewhere and can evaluate the implications for the society concerned.
• SOC 4-14a I can use specialized maps and geographical information systems to
identify patterns of human activity and physical processes.
• MNU 3-11a I can solve practical problems by applying my knowledge of measure,
choosing the appropriate units and degree of accuracy for the task and using a
formula to calculate area or volume when required.
You can use it!
• For lesson planning
• In school on placement
• On smartboard with pupil participation or in
• No sales pitch from you!
Demo & exercise……