16. In India during all Pujas one of the most common offering made is that of a coconut. It
is a part of rituals carried out during everything new and happy – weddings, new
constructions, festivals, havans (homa). The coconut is broken and offered to the deity
being worshiped and later on distributed as parsadam to the devotees.
17. VOODOO: Ghede Nibo is considered a great healer, carrying a bottle of white rum
He often also carries a staff and smokes a cigar. Nibo is the special patron of those who die young.
Purple is considered his sacred color, and usual offerings include black goats, black roosters,
calabash, cigars, coconut, fried plantains, pistachios, smoked herrings, sweet sesame balls, and
white rum spiced with African bird pepper.
19. Santaria Ceremonies: Santería has its roots in the Yoruba people of West
Africa. The slave trade brought many Africans to Cuba, Brazil, Haiti, the
southern USA, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and other Caribbean basin nations.
- Have Park Rangers do daily patrols of all known debris issue
shorelines ( NC Bridge, Spring Creek, Plumb Beach, etc.), note
violations and problems, talk with people, make friends and discuss
park regulations and concerns. ( Roving Ranger)
- Learn about park users and different cultures.
- Place readable signage with distinct message at critical sites.
- Enlist volunteers and give out program flyers
- Enforce Regulations