A plan for obtaining a specific goal or result.
• Tactical recommendations and ideas
• Communication and enrollment overview
• Guidelines for smart decision making
• Change management and sustainment plan
1. Treat content like a critical business asset.
• Define real goals and success metrics.
2. Content needs dedicated oversight.
• Assign a content advocate.
3. It’s never too early to think about content.
• Invite your content advocate to your project kickoff
4. Understand your content’s environment.
• Content factors analysis.
5. Document your content ecosystem.
• Create content maps and audits.
6. Don’t underestimate the content creation effort.
• Create a detailed time and budget estimate.
7. Ask why. Start small.
• Measure all content requests against business goals.
8. Assemble the content team before the work
• Create a resource/workflow plan.
9. Content needs care and feeding.
• Content quality assurance plan.
• Schedule regular audits of all content.
10. Be prepared for change.
• Create a governance plan and committee.