What should you do?
• Ask your champions to write a review for
• Boost your positive reviews
• Protect yourself from the bad apples
Google is in trouble...
• Real-time search.
• Social Search.
• So how are they responding?
Straight from the horses mouth...
• Today, we're announcing the completion of a new web
indexing system called Caffeine. Caffeine provides 50
percent fresher results for web searches than our last
index, and it's the largest collection of web content
we've offered. Whether it's a news story, a blog or a
forum post, you can now find links to relevant content
much sooner after it is published than was possible ever
• How often does your Website get fresh
• A place for you to produce fresh content
on a consistent basis
• Like an online magazine for your biz
• www.wordpress.com (or .org)
• Use keywords!
Why have a blog?
• Fresh content for search engines to rank
• Articles can be spread via social media
• Build credibility with your target market -
be thought of as a thought-leader
• Get links from other thought-leaders
To run an effective blog
• 12-15 posts a month
• some CAN be re-published
• Content needs to POP
• Use eye-catching pictures
• Value, value, value
• Engage online communities and share your
• Start with a PLAN
• Have a PROCESS behind you
• Use PERFORMANCE metrics
• Don’t sell, Softly PROMOTE!
• PHISH where the PHISH are?
What’s your PLAN?
• What are you looking to accomplish?
• Brand Awareness?
• How will you know if you’re successful?
Know where you are in the PROCESS
• How do you sell in the offline world?
• Build Rapport via SM?Yes
• Generate Interest via SM?Yes
• Close business via SM? Probably Not.
• Use Social Media to start the process and then
get them on the phone/office to close.
• Google Analytics - measure traffic
• Bit.ly - watch where your traffic comes
• Be Creative - incentivize people to tell you
how they found you
Don’t Sell, Softly Promote
Don’t Sell, Softly Promote
• Don’t sell your
services, offer value
and build credibility
Phish where the Phish are
• Facebook = 500 mil. users
• More time spent of Facebook than any other site
• Linkedin = Every Fortune 500 Company is active
• And Justin Bieber is on Twitter! :)
Other Social Media Benefits
• Brand Awareness and protection
• Control the conversation
• More entry points into your business
• Connect with new people quickly and effectively
(say no to cold calls!)
• Precession (the ripple effect)
• Smaller audience than Facebook, but
• Powerful search functionality
• Use this tool to connect with new Decision
Tips to using Linkedin
• Get recommendations by giving recommendations
• Build your connections
• If time is an issue, give someone a list of people/companies
and let them do it for you.
• Use keywords - your profile is public and can be seen on the
• Create a company profile for your business as well
• Who’s going to get you to 500
• Who can you recommend that will
recommend you back?
• What time a day each week will you devote
to marketing via linkedin (1hr a week)
• More social than LinkedIn
• Yes, you WILL get bombarded with old
• Facebook allows for businesses to have
pages (called Fan pages)
• You MUST have a personal page to create
a fan page, but they don’t have to be linked.
How You Should Use
• Create a fan page for your business
• Build participation (see next slide)
• Engage people and give them opportunities
to provide input (and testimonials!)
• Find creative ways to take them from
Facebook to your Sweet Spot!
• Run a contest
• We will pick one fan from our fan page and
they will win....
• market the contest in your business
• Add to your email signature
• Send an email blast out to everyone you know
• Add a button on your Website
My top-secret Tip!
• Took me from 300 to almost 1000 in just a
• Took one of my students from 300 to over
40,000! Don’t believe me?
Things to Remember about Social Media
• Be you.
• Be consistent
• Have fun
• Make it about them
Golden Rule of Social Media:
• Act more like Dale Carnegie and less like
Tony the sleazy car salesman
• Write this down
• I commit to....
• Building a fan page
• creating a blog
• shooting some video
• Downloading Tweetdeck
• 83% of you won’t do what you just wrote
• eBoot Camp Action Pak
• Audio Book
• DVD of Live Event
• 30 days of video tutorials, articles, web
resources, asking me questions and more
eBoot Camp Action Pak
• The Action Pak will help you:
• Raise your Website’s Google ranking
• Ensure your Website is user-friendly and
• Understand how to use Facebook,
Linkedin, Twitter for business.
eBoot Camp Audio
• Over 3-hours of content
• It’s me - not some Morgan Freeman
sounding guy talking to you.
• Bonus Chapter on Twitter
• Price - $129
Live Event DVD
• Recorded by a professional video
• Done only a few weeks ago
• A review of the topics we went over today
• Price - $49.99
• Short video tutorials on Social Media, Internet Marketing,
and Website Usability and Design
• Every article I’ve ever written on any of the above topics
• Every resource I use on the web for my own business.
• Ask Corey Feature - you can ask me as many questions as
you’d like for as long as you’re a member
• Guest videos, articles, and more.
• Price: $20 a month
Using Tweetdeck the right way!
QuickTime™ and a
are needed to see this picture.
• eBoot Camp Audio Book ($130)
• 3 hours of content
• DVD of Live Event ($50)
• worksheets, activity guide
• 30-days of training videos, articles, Q&A, and
• Cash or Credit
• I’ll be signing books and answering
• Please fill out your followup forms!
• If you enjoyed the presentation, please
thank the folks at Kreston International!