10 Reasons to Self-PublishYour Book Brought to you by eBook Review Gal
1. You’ve already beenturned down by severalpublishers.Publishers are feeling the financial strain of a downeconomy. They’re getting more and more picky whenchoosing books for publication.You know you have a good, marketable book. Yourpassion will drive you to be a successful Indie author.
2. Your content is highlyspecific and it would bedifficult to find a suitablepublisher.When you’re passionate about your chosen field, it will comeacross in your writing.
3. You want to control thecontent and the editing of yourown words.Big publishing house editors have no real connection to yourwords and story, which is often reflected in the final product.This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have your bookprofessionally edited, however. To keep costs down, searchlocal colleges to find qualified students willing to edit yourmanuscript.
4. You want to choose yourown book cover.Having control over how your book is marketed visually isimportant to you as an author. Publishers insist on havingfinal say on a book cover.
5. You like the idea of settingyour own price.After doing some market research to find what books insimilar categories are selling for, you can set your priceaccordingly and stick to it. You probably wouldn’t have thischoice if you publish through an agency.
6. You’re ready to tackle theresponsibility of marketingand promotion.While this may not sound like a plus, it’s better than turningover the reins to a publishing company who will devote littletime (if any) to marketing your book.
7. You don’t want to waitmonths or even years to seeyour book in print.Traditional publishing can take months or years (if at all). Youcan self-publish within days. Uploading to Amazon Kindleliterally takes minutes.
8. You realize there’s nofinancial gain to traditionalpublishing.Most publishing houses no longer offer advances to newwriters.
9. You want to keep more ofyour sales profits.Your royalties are much higher with self-publishing than theyare with traditional publishing.
10. People aren’t impressedwith the fact that a book hasbeen published through a bigpublishing company.Most people are impressed with the passion and drive of theaverage Indie author, however. Readers are moreconcerned with your content than they are with yourpublication method.
ebookreviewgal.comWe hope you’ve found these 10 reasons toself-publish helpful.If you’d like information on how we can help you market andpromote yourself and your book please visitebookreviewgal.com today!