Roche: Basic facts at a glance
• Founded 1896 in Basel, Switzerland
• Founding families still hold majority stake
• Employing 85,000 people
• Currently active in 150 countries on all continents
• Sales 2013: 46.8 billion Swiss Francs
• Clear focus on healthcare
• Leadership in pharmaceuticals (#3)*
• World’s largest biotech company (position #1)* with
truly differentiated medicines in oncology, virology,
inflammation, metabolism and CNS
• Leadership in in vitro diagnostics (#1) and pioneer in
• Unique innovation model
* Source: Decision Resources, Q4/2013
Fritz and Adèle Hoffmann-La Roche
• Service toPatientsandCustomers
Shaped by “family values” since its foundation
Standards that guide daily behaviour and decisions
We embrace differences and are consistently
open, honest, ethical and genuine.
We are entrepreneurial and thus take risks,
reach beyond boundaries, and experiment.
We use our drive and commitment to energize,
engage and inspire others.
Doing now what patients need next
Webelieve it’s urgentto deliver medical solutions rightnow – evenas we develop innovations for the future.We are
passionate about transforming patients’ lives. Weare courageous in both decision and action. And webelieve that
good business means a better world.
Thatis whywecome to work each day. Wecommit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to
medical innovations for all. Wedo this today to build a better tomorrow.
Weare proud of who weare, what we do, and how we do it. Weare many,workingas one across functions, across
companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
• ~2000peoplein PharmaFinanceglobally
• SupportingDevelopment, ManufacturingandCommercial organizations
• Global meeting oftop130leadersin PharmaFinanceMarch26-28,2013in Interlaken,Switzerland.
Meeting held onceevery 2 years.
– “Weseebeyond,Wego beyond”
– Inclusion & Diversity; Unconsciousbiases
Fritz Hoffmann - La Roche
The power of
97% Rated the event Excellent or Good!