USING ARTS &
ACROSS CORE SUBJECTS!
April 2010 – LEAD 3.0 Conference
Lisa Gonzales, Ed.D.
Coordinator - Santa Clara County Office of Education
Devin Vodicka, Ed.D.
Director - Carlsbad Unified School District
* TICAL Cadre Members/ACSA Tech Leaders
• Tobecome familiar with
online technology resources
that support arts standards
explore and practice
working with online tools
• Start with a sentence or phrase
• Select pictures from a group that will be
instantly generated (from Flickr)
• Press play!
• Supports basic writing, creative writing, tying
words to pictures, and expanse of picture play
• Start with a theme or topic (such as dance)
• Select pictures from Flickr
• Add thoughts or “bubble” comments to the
pictures to tell a story
• Supports articulation of thoughts, comments,
sentences with correct punctuation – all built
around a theme, story, or series of sentences